yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
Style > Beauty

Fall Beauty Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Once upon a time, when we were grade-schoolers, back to school shopping meant colorful Lisa Frank folders and snazzy Spacemaker pencil boxes. Then, in our tween and teen years, back to school shopping was all about hitting the mall for new clothes. From American Eagle jeans to A&F logo tees, we were all guilty. As collegiettes, with no need for flashy notebooks, and enough timeless pieces in our wardrobes by now, we must focus on our final back to school necessity. Beauty products. 

Finding your favorite beauty product isn’t easy. It takes time, determination, and a lot of guess and check. However, once you’ve found that perfect shade of blush, it’s all totally worth the struggle.

For me, testing out new products and discovering buried beauty treasure is a thrill to say the least. So if you share my love of being a Sephora guinea pig, I highly encourage you to try out some of my back to school beauty essentials.

Eos lip balm

If you haven’t already (and I’m sure you have) go out and buy an Eos lip balm right NOW. Extremely affordable at around $3.50 per pod, these buttery babies are a gift from the gods. Flavors range from Sweet Mint, Strawberry Sorbet, Blueberry Acai (my favorite!), Passion Fruit, and Medicated Tangerine (pictured).

Vera Wang Princess Perfume

An oldie but goodie. This sweet fragrance is the perfect way to start the new school year fresh.

Side note: the bottle will add a charming touch to that desk stacked high with homework.

L’Oréal Midnight Blue Nail Color

Deep hues are the epitome of fall nail polish. This dark blue is a refreshing spin on the go-to onyx. If you’re looking to make a subtle change that remains in your comfort zone, try the midnight blue. I promise you’ll feel just as chic.    

Sonia Kashuk Monochrome Eye Quad

Bronzey browns are my absolute favorite shadows for any eye color. This palette is so versatile; wear lighter tans during the day, and brush some coffee-colored pigment on top for a night out. No make-up remover required, whew.

Pixi Lid Last Shadow Pen

The magic beneath it all. This genius creamy eye crayon is essential for making your shadow last all day. Simply smear it on all over the lid, and then proceed with any powder shadow of your choice. The powder sticks to the cream, and your eyes will sparkle from dusk to dawn.

Bliss Hand Cream

Quick tip – BUY THIS BEFORE THE SNOW STARTS TO FALL. This hand cream is a life changer in the winter. Cracked knuckles will heal almost overnight with Bliss (I know from unfortunate personal experience.) The all-star lotion also comes in delicious scents like vanilla bergamot, blood orange, and minty to name a few. Always reliable, if Bliss were a person, It’d be bae.

So, for making it past the first week of classes, treat yourself to a beauty-shopping spree and try out some (or all!) of my favorite beauty products. And remember, as collegiettes, having brains and beauty is the real back to school must-have.

Junior Fashion Merchandising student at Kent State University. Lover of Pilates, Sex and the City, Decorating, Entertaining, Marie Claire, Thai food, the Olsen twins, Christmas, and Traveling.