This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I am so excited to start styling my fashion trends for this fall. What I’m most excited about is the versatility of all the clothes and accessories. The trends that I will be talking about can easily be intertwined with one another, making it fast and easy to style multiple outfits. 

Friends Excited
Giphy

Sweater Vests

Starting with my favorite trend of the season, we have sweater vests. Now, one thing that intrigued me when I first started seeing them all over TikTok and Pinterest were how they are styled. Pairing a funky sweater vest with a simple white tee underneath gives the perfect amount of femininity, but still keeps a masculine undertone. And don’t forget to add some chunky necklaces and a pair of gold hoops to elevate your look!

Sweater Vest: click here

Leather Pants/Leggings + Shirt Jacket

Next up, we have a trend that I’ve been DYING to try out for myself. Whether it’s a pair of leather leggings and a big chunky sweater or a leather shirt jacket paired with some denim; leather overall is the biggest fall trend of 2020. Whenever I think of leather anything I always picture “black”  leather,  but this season the color camel (light brown color) is a big hit. Pair this color with any light denim. 

Leather Leggings: click here 

Leather Shirt: click here 

Monochrome

This trend took me by surprise, as a matter of fact. Growing up, I always thought that having colors contrast was how you were supposed to create outfits. This clearly is not the case. This trend is not only fashion-forward, but it’s on the runways today. If you want to make a statement I highly recommend getting yourself a matching set of trousers and a blazer.  

Monochrome set: click here 

Blazers

Another fall fashion trend is blazers! Yes, I know, blazers have always been a staple piece in the majority of peoples’ wardrobes, but now more than ever people are actually wearing them. Pairing a nice blazer with your best pair of denim can elevate any daytime look to a nighttime look. Simply add a pair of black booties and accessorize, and you’re good to go. 

Blazer: click here

80’s Preppy/ Princess Diana Style

Last, but certainly not least, the last fall trend focuses primarily on Princess Diana’s streetwear style. Her style consisted of biker shorts, a large vintage sweatshirt, dad sneakers and some high socks. This look can easily be recreated with items you most likely have already in your wardrobe. I especially love this trend because it looks good on just about anyone! 

Biker shorts: click here 

If you’re looking to change up your style, don’t be afraid to try any of these fall 2020 trends! Get out of your comfort zone! 

Livi Harmat

Kent State '23

Livi is a junior studying Fashion Merchandsing at Kent State University. In her free time, Livi can be found taking photos, reading, and going to trendy (but yummy) restaurants
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.