Enneagram and Chill: What Netflix Original to Watch Based on Your Enneagram Type

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

If you are a fan of personality tests like I am, you have certainly heard of the Enneagram. For those who have not experienced its genius, it is a personality test that sorts individuals into one of nine types. Each type has a name that signifies the sum of its core beliefs.

Today, I will be giving Netflix Original recommendations for each enneagram type based on their respective descriptions by The Enneagram Institute. 

So if you do not know your type, take the test and figure out your next Netflix binge. 

The Reformer

If you are Type One, you have perfectionistic, principled and self-controlled tendencies. Your moral compasses cannot be rivaled by any other type, and you are always striving for perfection. However, your downfall may be your fear of making mistakes. 

If you are Type One, I recommend “The Politician,” which is a comedic drama that follows high schooler Payton, as he runs for Class President. The show contains unique humor that borders on campy and many characters you may relate to. As you become  exhausted watching them struggle to maintain a perfect persona, perhaps you will realize it is okay to make mistakes.

The Helper

If you are Type Two, you are always there to lend a helping hand. You may be caring and interpersonal when happy but also possessive and people-pleasing when under stress. Because of a need to be emotionally close to people, you often find yourself doing too much for others while forgetting about your personal needs.

If you are this type, I recommend you watch “Queer Eye.” It is a feel-good show that is sure to lift your spirits, as a group of gay men help everyday people improve their lives through self-care. Who knows? Maybe it will even inspire you to take some much needed time for yourself! 

The Achiever

If you are Type Three, you are self-assured, charming and ambitious. At your best, you can be an inspiring role model for others. However, when you give into the vice of worrying about your image, you can become self-conscious and competitive.

If you are this type I believe you will like “Bridgerton,” the TV adaptation of the book “The Duke and I.” It follows numerous characters as they navigate the pressures of London high society and learn that happiness can be found in unexpected places. Watching these characters learn to be themselves may spark your own liberation from societal pressures. 

The Individualist

If you are Type Four, you may come off as a bit of a drama queen, when in reality, you are very self-aware and emotionally honest. When you are at your best, you are very creative and inspiring.

If you are Type Four, I recommend the wild ride that is “Insatiable.” The show features highly dramatic characters and events that you may live vicariously through from the safety of your own bed…the best of both worlds! 

The Investigator 

If you are Type Five, you are the most curious and cerebral of all the types. You are independent and inquisitive of the world around you. However, you must be wary of becoming too high-strung and intense, as this may lead to isolation.

If you are Type Five, I recommend watching “The Umbrella Academy,” which is a sci-fi drama based on a comic books series. It follows a family of super-powered adoptive siblings as they try to prevent the end of the world. The twists and turns of the plot will be sure to keep you on your toes while you attempt to discover the family’s mysteries.

The Loyalist

If you are Type Six, you crave stability and security. Even when you are suspicious of others, you are incredibly trust-worthy and reliable. Once you overcome your fear of being alone, you become confident and self-fulfilled. 

If you are this type, I recommend “Everything Sucks.” The single-season show follows several groups of kids in high school, ranging from the nerds to the theater kids, as they discover themselves. It is a witty, nostalgic show that will remind you that everything will be okay in the end. 

The Enthusiast

If you are Type Seven, you are always up for a new and exciting adventure. You can be extroverted, spontaneous and optimistic when in a good head space. However, you can become overwhelmed when you overextend yourself, and you often use distractions to avoid facing your problems head on.

If you are Type Seven, I think you will enjoy “End of the F***ing World.” The show follows two teens as they take to the road in order to avoid their problems. Ironically, this leads them into deeper trouble. Watch this show to experience their adventure while also learning from their mistakes.

The Challenger

If you are Type Eight, you never run from a fight. You are confident and willful, but may occasionally cross the line and become too domineering. In order to be at your best, you must use your strong personality to advocate for others.

If you are Type Eight, I recommend watching “Girl Boss,” which chronicles the founding of Nasty Gal. The main character, Sophia Amoruso, is spunky and high-spirited, a perfect role model for any Type Eight. 

The Peacemaker

If you are Type Nine, you prefer to make love, not war. You can be accepting and trusting, almost to a fault, and as a result people may believe they can walk all over you. However, when you assert yourself, you can be a great problem solver and confidant.

If you are this type, you may enjoy “Emily in Paris.” The show follows the character Emily, as she decides to move to Paris for her career and along the way makes friends… and a few enemies. Watch to see how Emily navigates a crazy work world and love life! 

Now go binge!

Jenna Bal

Kent State '24

Jenna Bal is a sophomore journalism major with a minors in English and web development. This is her second semester writing for HerCampus and the Burr. When she’s home in Toledo, Jenna enjoys working as a barista and spending time with her younger sisters. Her hobbies include reading, hiking, and journaling, and her favorite read is Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. After graduation, she hopes to write for a magazine and eventually pursue her master’s degree in library sciences.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.