This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

A lot goes into astrology. In fact, the zodiac sign that you most often associate yourself with is just one of the many that you possess. It can be very beneficial to know about your different signs and the traits that come with them! When learning about your sign, there are some important things to take into consideration.

Do: Download Trusted Apps

Apps like CoStar and The Pattern go into so much detail when describing how you may be feeling and why. They also give great descriptions of what this means. They don’t just tell you your horoscope every day. They detail what your Sun, Moon and Ascendant signs are. I had no clue what those were before I downloaded this app, and it clearly explains it in a way that makes sense for who you are personally.

Don’t: Just Read Your Horoscope Everyday

Reading your horoscope is a great way to know how you may be feeling or if there might be any concerns resulting in the near future. However, your zodiac sign is must more than just your horoscope. It includes things mentioned before like your sun sign, moon sign and all of the planets. 

Do: Research Your Birth Chart

Your birth chart is a map of where all the planets were in their journey around the Sun at the exact moment you were born according to Astrostyle. It can reveal your strengths and weaknesses, assess the best time to make big changes or power moves and even provide some information on your patterns or preferences that you have never noticed before. 

Don’t: Trust a Fortune Teller

Conscious Shift explains that astrologers can project charts of your stars and describe the planetary energy that will be in play at any given time in your life down to the minute. But, they cannot foretell (fortune tell) how it will be used because that is up to you. Basically, don’t fall for the gimmicks. 

Do: Use it to Your Advantage

Your zodiac sign(s) can reveal so much about who you are and what is going on around you and as mentioned before, this can be used to your advantage. For example, according to my CoStar, “the general theme of your life during this period is to confidently pursue new passions.” While we have all been stuck inside and may feel in a creative rut, I have taken up new hobbies such as painting and coloring which has allowed me to feel not only productive but also creative and fresh. 

Don’t: Put Yourself into a Box

While your birth chart/zodiac sign may be telling you traits or qualities about yourself, it is important to not live by those. Yes, it can be beneficial and to your advantage but don’t place yourself into a box and feel that you can only act one way because your birth chart is telling you that’s who you are. It is great to branch out and go out of your comfort zone so try to find a balance. 

It’s always fun to learn new things about yourself! Like I said, use this to your advantage and have fun!

Cassidy Gladieux

Kent State '23

Cassidy is a junior journalism student at Kent State minoring in creative writing. This is her third year writing for Her Campus and first year as a senior editor. Cassidy is also a features writer for KentWired. In her free time, she loves to read, go on runs, and cuddle with her dog. In the future, Cassidy hopes to write for a digital magazine and travel around the world!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.