The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

The days of matte makeup looks are behind us and the dewy makeup look is here to stay. If there’s one thing I love about makeup, it would be its ability to make you look awake, refreshed and glowing from the inside out- even when you were awake all night studying and writing an essay. This article is full of a perfect mixture of makeup must-haves for a simple, dewy base that so many of us love.

My Quick Thoughts

Over the years, I’ve slowly phased out most of my powders and heavy foundations for products that complement your skin instead of covering it up. These products are especially easy to throw on right before class or rushing off to work as they don’t require precision when applying. If you’re looking for a beginner-friendly look complete with a glowy base, cream blushes and liquid highlighters, this article has your routine covered.

By now, we’re probably all familiar with makeup brands that specialize in the ‘your skin but better’ look. With brands like Glossier gaining popularity around 2017, natural makeup looks are anything but new. Their slogan rings true: “Skincare first, makeup second.” Their products range from their Cloud Paint Blush, pre-blotted Gen G lipsticks and Future Dew glowing makeup primer that are as easy to apply as they are to wear. Since the rise of Glossier, I’ve made it my personal mission to try products across all brands that give me the dewy effect that I’ve been obsessed with for years now. 

The Base

First things first: foundation. It’s important to have a good foundation to build the rest of your makeup routine upon. Of course, the foundation isn’t the star of the show when creating a natural, dewy look. Think of the foundation as a background character while the rest of your makeup does all the work- you want your foundation to blend seamlessly to the point where it’s barely detectable. One of my favorite foundations for this purpose would probably be a tinted moisturizer made by Kosas. Their Tinted Face Oil is packed full of nourishing botanical oils and ingredients such as avocado oil, jojoba oil and rosehip seed oil. Its clean, buildable light coverage functions just as much as skincare as it does makeup. I like to use this foundation with its matching concealer, Kosas Revealer Concealer. This concealer has the same skincare-like ingredients with a boost of caffeine and pink algae to reduce puffiness and increase brightness anywhere you need it. 

Mixable with foundation, used as a base, or even worn on its own as a highlighter- Saie Glowy Super Gel has changed my makeup routine unlike any other product. It melts into your skin and creates a hydrated bounce instantaneously- providing a glowing but not sparkly look when you catch the light. It’s made of 75% water and boasts amazing ingredients like vitamin C and rosehip. It comes in two shades to fit any skin tone: Starglow for a shimmering champagne and Sunglow for a warm golden bronze. If there’s anything I recommend you buy from my list, it’s this product. You can pick it up at Sephora with a mini size available to try!

Lastly, you can’t have a solid glowy base without blush. I find that blush gives you a healthy look that not many other products can imitate- this is especially magnified when paired with the other dewy products mentioned. Two of my favorites right now include Saie Dew Blush and MERIT Flush Balm. A little bit of Saie Dew Blush goes a long way- a small dot of this liquid blush blends seamlessly with its water base, mulberry and evening primrose extract. It melts into your skin and goes on smooth, never patchy. MERIT Flush Balm does just the same by giving you a light lit-from-within glow that’s hard to come by when using powder. It doesn’t cover up your skin’s natural texture which perfectly adds to the effortless and put together look. I’m a sucker for display worthy packaging as well and MERIT nails it- it’s as intuitive as it is modern. 

Staying glowy and dewy is made easy with these products. Even when temperatures drop, you’re sure to stay glowing from within all season long.

Alexis Kirby

Kent State '23

Alexis is a senior majoring in Applied Communication with a minor in Advertising at Kent State. She's passionate about all things beauty, lifestyle, and everyday luxury.