Delaney Cordova on her Faith, Friends and Hobbies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Name: Delaney Cordova

Year: Freshman

Major/Minor: Global communications with a double minor in HDFS and nonprofit studies

Hometown: North Canton, OH

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus: What are some clubs and activities you are in? Can you tell me a little about them?

Delaney Cordova: I have been involved the most in IJM and H2O church. International Justice Mission works to stop Human Trafficking. Here at Kent, we do a lot of advocacy for this cause and reaching out to places locally to do whatever we can to help whether that’s fundraising for events, or simple donations. H2O is a non-denominational church that welcomes everyone and has become like a family to me.

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

DC: I absolutely love enoing and adventuring with friends! I’m usually either enjoying being out in nature or just relaxing watching Netflix, there’s no in between! I also really love snowboarding! I’ve been doing that for eight years.

HC: Where is your favorite spot to go on campus?

DC: When it’s nice out, I love to eno in the trees behind Taylor hall.

Delaney and friends enoing!

HC: What is your dream job?

DC: Being paid to travel! I hope to work in an international nonprofit someday and just travel around helping people.

HC: What music are you listening to right now?

DC: Country!

Delaney and friends at Blossom Music Center for a Darius Rucker concert.

HC: What is the last book you read? Did you like it?

DC: I love to read but I honestly can’t remember a book I’ve read recently. All I have time to read are textbooks and I definitely don’t like to read those!

HC: If you were home on a rainy Sunday afternoon, what movie would you want to see on television?

DC: A Harry Potter marathon is always good on a rainy day, or Forrest Gump!

HC: What is the scariest scene you remember from a kid’s movie?

DC: If anyone knows the movie Chicken Run, that whole movie always terrified me. When I was little I was afraid of all the weirdest things like: Tarzan, Jumanji, when the dog chases Benny the jet in Sandlot, and Scooby Doo.

HC: What is the weirdest show you’ve watched on Netflix?

DC: Hmmm I can tell you the weirdest movie I’ve seen on Netflix is hands down Zombeavers.

HC: Favorite Disney Princess?

DC: Rapunzel. Tangled is the best Disney princess movie in every way.

HC: What drives you to do what you do? What motivates you?

DC: My faith is my number one motivation for everything that I do!

HC: What is your favorite cheesy pick-up line? Have you ever used it?

DC: Oh gosh, I don’t know. No I have not, but if I did I would probably go with something stupid like “Is your name Waldo? Because someone like you is hard to find.”

Follow Delaney on Instagram @dmcordova26!

I am currently a freshman at Kent State and I love it here! I just declared my major as journalism and I would love to become a book editor/publisher!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.