This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Fall is the perfect time to change up your beauty routine! Dark lips are a quick way to add a little pizazz to your look! Trying something bold can be a little intimidating at first, but if you ease into it, soon you’ll be rocking dark lips like a pro!

Beginner:

If you’re a bit hesitant to try a bold lip, start with a lip stain in a dark cherry color. If you spread a few small dots around, it will give your lips a nice flush. You can always build up the intensity for a brighter, opaque look.

Intermediate:

This MAC lipstick in the color Hot Tahiti is a bold color that is still fairly natural looking.

Advanced:

This Revlon lipstick in the color Black Cherry may look scary at first, but it’s easy to pull off with a simple eye and strong brow.

Bonus Tip:

If you’re going to try a dark lip,  make sure your smile is dazzling! Crest Whitestips are a great alternative to a professional whitening treatment.

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.