This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Is the winter weather drying up your skin and stealing your healthy glow? If yes, then these facial masks are perfect for you! They’re all made from simple ingredients found in the Eastway Market on Kent’s main campus.

Follow Grace Harris‘ journey as she tackles these DIY face masks!

1. Cinnamon Mask

To create the mask, mix together two tablespoons of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon and one teaspoon of nutmeg. The consistency should be like a thick paste.

After it’s all mixed, apply the mask to your face and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then, wash it off with warm water; scrubbing softly in circular motion for exfoliation.

We loved this one! It smelled amazing! 10/10 would recommend!

2. Orange and Oats Mask

Combine all the ingredients into a small bowl and stir until well-mixed. You’re looking for a consistency that is thick, but not too runny, so it will stay on your face. You can always add extra oatmeal to thicken the solution.

Spread it onto your freshly washed and dried face in an even layer, being careful to avoid your eyes. Leave it on for 15-30 minutes then rinse with warm water.

This one wasn’t our favorite, but it did smell great because of the oranges. However, we could have done without the oats for sure.

3. Avocado and Coconut Mask

Warm up the coconut oil in a dish using the microwave; The coconut oil needs to be in liquid form to work for this homemade face treatment. Once you have liquified the coconut oil, mash the avocado in a bowl using a fork and add the coconut oil and honey.  Mix well.

Before applying this mask to your face, wash your face with warm water then apply the mask to your dry skin and let it set for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry when you’re done.

To make it even more refreshing, try putting the paste in the fridge for 10 minutes before putting it on!

This one was cool and creamy. We loved it! It created a very soft and hydrated feeling afterwards and we would definitely reuse this one.

All photos courtesy of Grace Harris.

To contact her, email her at gharri15@kent.edu or follow her on Instagram @_gracemharris

I am currently a freshman at Kent State and I love it here! I just declared my major as journalism and I would love to become a book editor/publisher!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.