Celeb’s First VMAs VS. Their Most Recent VMAs Appearance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

We have seen many celebrities shook us on the red carpet. But that has never been truer than when they arrive on the MTV VMAs carpet. For some celebs, we have seen them find their unique style throughout the years. Let’s take a look at some of the best VMAs style transformations!

1. Jennifer Lopez

JLo can do no wrong in my eyes! From her first VMAs appearance in 2000 to her most recent where she accepted the Micheal Jackson Video Vanguard award JLo flaunts her gorgeous figure and style. I mean look at those bellybutton accessories from 2000…ICONIC!

2. Ariana Grande

Our newest princess of pop, Ariana Grande, has had quite the dramatic style transformation from her first VMAs appearance in 2013. From a cute cap-sleeved skater dress to a corseted metal dress, thigh high boots and some nice man-candy on her arm our little Ariana isn’t so little anymore. 

3. Nicki Minaj

Who remembers Nicki’s hot pink wig phase? I think we all want to forget about it. Thank god for this eight-year transformation from her first appearance at the 2010 VMAs. 

4. Amber Rose

Amber was joined by then-boyfriend Kanye West at the 2009 VMAs. The same iconic year where Taylor Swift was interrupted by Rose’s date. Now I don’t know if I would call this a glow-up but…yeah. 

5. Camila Cabello 

Obviously, Camilla’s first appearance at the VMAs was with Fifth Harmony back in 2013. Flashforward to the 2018 VMAs and our little Camilla is thriving! Not only has she matured before our eyes, but she has found her own personal style and isn’t being held back stylistically to fit a theme. 

Were you surprised by any of these transformations? I know I was! 

Jess Goodwin is a  senior at Kent State University, where she is the Senior Editor for the Her Campus Kent State chapter! She is a Journalism major who has enjoyed writing and telling stories her whole life. When she is not writing, Jess is dancing and choreographing. She has been dancing for over 15 years and choreographing for just about 3 years now! She has a passion for movies, books and entertainment, but she also has a love for activism and promoting love! Jess's socials are: Instagram: @jess.goodwin Twitter: @jessgoodwin13 
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.