This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Meet Charlie Botzman! A nineteen-year-old sophomore studying Fine Arts and Art Education. 

Her Campus asked Charlie to share a little about himself and here’s what we learned!

Hometown: Kent, Ohio

Favorite thing about Kent State:  I love the people here. Getting to know a different person every day has become one of my favorite things to do.

Favorite Food: Sushi!

Dream job: I like the idea of spontaneously exploring professions. I just would love to work with creative media of any sort.

Top three favorite movies: The Hunger Games, What Dreams May Come, and Django Unchained, 

What about music? I love Esperanza Spalding, The Neighbourhood, Florence and the Machine, Sia, and The Weekend,

As an art major, what’s your favorite color? I don’t have a favorite color. I love them all!

What do you do in your free time? I love hanging out with my little brothers and friends, both on and off campus!I write. I love coming up with different ideas for books and stories and inventing new characters and settings. It’s so fun being able to explore a fictional world of my own making.I draw. I used to sell my artwork on greeting cards and notecards. Mostly my work focuses on people and nature. I’ve been drawing since before I can remember. Essentially any piece of paper that is put in front of me will be doodled on. And I swim. I need it to maintain my sanity! I was on swim team and often take trips to Lake Erie with my family. Water is like oxygen for me.

What area of the world would you like to live? I would love to live in France! I just took a trip to Rouen and Paris and fell head over heels in love. I also love New York City and Savannah Georgia.

Describe your dream house: I’ve given my dream house a lot of thought. I often daydream about what my future life might look like. Maybe I’ll live in a city apartment with greenery, a California suburban house, or a flat in London or Paris. I know I would like to live in a variety of places, but honestly I don’t think the house itself matters so much as the community in which it resides or the people who live in it with me.

And finally, is there anything you would like people to know about you? Just that I think imagination is one of the only things that make us human, and, in my opinion, any restriction of imagination is a violation against humanity.

So, make this week’s Campus Cutie proud and let your imagination run wild!

Hey I'm Samantha. I'm working towards a journalism major with a minor in writing. I love photography and writing and I'm so glad I get to combine both through HerCampus. I hope you all enjoy reading my stories as much as I enjoy writing them!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.