Campus Celebrity: Zack Weidensaul

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Name: Zack Weidensaul

Major: Education

Year: Junior

Hometown: Dover, Ohio

HC: What organizations/activities are you involved with at KSU? ZW: Kent Interhall Council, Alpha Sigma Phi and NACURH Services and Recognition Office.

HC: When did you start planning on bringing Alpha Sigma Phi to KSU? ZW: Fall of 2014, during the fall semester after I transferred from Capital University.

HC: How does it feel to be a founding brother of the chapter here at KSU? ZW: Being a founding brother of the group at Kent State is such an honor, honestly it means so much more than I can put into words. I get to see a great group of gentleman develop an amazing organization and become amazing student leaders in such a short time.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? ZW: In five years, I either see myself in grad school for student affairs or as an elementary school teacher.  Even though in five years I will have graduated, and I hope to still be involved with the fraternity possibly as an advisor.  

HC: What is something that you’re passionate about? ZW: Since my freshman year of college I have become extremely passionate about student affairs and student organizations. I have been involved as much as possible, with being a founding member of the Capital University Residence Hall Association and a brother of Alpha Sigma Phi.  All of this has made me extremely passionate about student affairs and student involvement.

HC: Who is the person that you most look up to in your life? ZW: My Grandpa is the person I look up to the most.  The reason I look up to him is because he is such a strong individual.  He has accomplished so much in his life and has always pushed me to be the best person I can be.  

HC: Are you single and ready to mingle or happily taken? ZW: At the moment I am taking the time to work, and really haven’t been looking but I am open to the possibility to have a wonderful woman to share life experiences with.

HC: What is your favorite thing to do/about KSU? ZW: My favorite thing to do is to hangout with my brothers and my friends because they are the most important people in my life. The people I surround myself with strengthen me in so many ways. They constantly uplift me and push me to be a better man.

Thanks, Zack! KSU is lucky to have such a leader on our campus. 

Danie Minor

Kent State

Hey there! My name is Danie Minor, and I am a recent graduate of Kent State. I was a PR major who minored in Fashion Media Writing. I am currently on the job hunt and would love to work within the lifestyle PR realm. I am a city girl from the D.C. metro area. Make sure you check out my personal blog: Definingdanie.com! You can also find me on socialite @danieminor13!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.