This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Name:  Lindsey Leddon

Age: 21

Major/minor: Molecular and Cellular Biology. Minors: Chemistry and Psychology

Year in school: Junior

Her Campus: As the recently elected Panhellenic President, what are your goals for this upcoming year?

Lindsey Leddon: I am really looking forward to working with the newly elected council to improve overall retention within our community. Not only is each chapter unique and phenomenal in its own way, but this community is really something special to be apart of. I also am interested in and hoping to tackle our rising over-programming issues. I believe that the new bylaws that were just passed by the current VP of Programming are pushing us in the right direction with a new chapter coming to our campus again this fall. With that being said, I hope to be able to help the new chapter get acclimated to our campus and be successful.

HC: What else are you involved in on campus?

LL: I am involved, obviously, with my own chapter and with many campus organizations. I currently am a Peer Mentor for the College of Arts and Sciences, which works alongside the First Year Experience course. I also currently am an Intern for the Office of Student Success Programs, which allows me to work as a liaison between Student Success Leaders and their supervisors.

HC: How do you balance all of your extra-curricular involvement with school?

LL: Honestly, I enjoy being busy and I stay on track that way. I have very good time management skills and prioritizing my involvements. I am at Kent State for school, but I know I wouldn’t be successful if it wasn’t for the people that I have met through these organizations that take the same classes and me and overall keep me motivated.

HC: How do you think your leadership positions that you are in currently will benefit you later on in life?

LL: The different positions that I have held over the past couple of years have allowed me to develop very good communication, problem solving and facilitation skills. I am hoping to go into the medical field and being able to work on a team towards a common goal to solve a problem is what I will be doing everyday.

HC: What type of advice would you give to someone thinking about becoming a leader or getting more involved on campus?

LL: Do it!!! My overall advice would be to not spread yourself too thin. Take on only a little bit at first so that you can figure out what works and what doesn’t work for you. My first semester, I joined a sorority and focused on my grades. Each semester following, I took on a role or a different leadership position to “test” how I worked under stress and pressure before taking on too much. Now that I am a junior, I know how I work and I have definitely matured enough that I know what I can and cannot do but mostly I know how to say no. Overall, I would highly suggest it to any student though.

HC: What is your favorite study spot on campus?

LL: I find myself studying a lot in the library, which sounds pretty cliché. I think the overall atmosphere there is what helps me stay focused.

HC: What do you like to do outside of school?

LL: Outside of school, I like to read, spend time with my nephew and shop. I am not from this area so I enjoy finding new places around Kent State but I mostly enjoy spending time in my hometown, Pittsburgh! I am a sports fan so I obviously am a huge Steelers, Pirates and Penguin fan. Sorry Cleveland!!

HC: What made you decide to come to Kent State?

LL: I really am not sure! My senior year of high school was kind of crazy because I was so unsure on where I wanted to go. I was still pretty nervous up until my first semester, but after welcome weekend and meeting so many people, I found this place becoming my home. I love everything about Kent State and I love how I don’t feel like a “number” at this big university. 

Hi everyone! My name is Ilyanna Keller and I am a senior majoring in psychology and minoring in global communications!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.