Campus Celebrity: Gabrielle Gentile

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is our very own Gabrielle Gentile, Her Campus Kent State’s Publicity Director. Gabrielle is a junior Public Relations major from Dublin, Ohio. She is one of our newest team members and is already doing amazing things for Her Campus!

Why did you want to join HerCampus?

I first learned about Her Campus in January when I was sitting next to the Her Campus president Elise Kogelnik in our news writing class. She made an announcement about looking for new members so I talked with her after class about what Her Campus was and was instantly hooked. I love how Her Campus empowers college woman to be educated, strong and independent individuals and provides a place where they can come together and bound as a KSU community. It is something I became instantly passionate about and I knew I had to a part of this incredible movement.

Why did you want to be the publicity director?

When I first found out about the position I was so excited, it was the opportunity I had been searching for. I was really looking for an organization to join that I identified with and Her Campus really spoke to me. Publicity Director is a really awesome opportunity where I can actually put what I am learning in my PR classes in action; I couldn’t pass it up.

What is your job as publicity director?

As publicity director I run all the social media for Her Campus and help plan events and team bonding activities.

What are some of your career goals?

I really see myself working in the corporate world. That is the environment I have grown up around and I really see myself thriving in it because of its high stakes and fast paced qualities.

What are some hobbies of yours / what do you like to do in your free time?

I am a really avid runner so I always try to carve out time during the day to get a run in. I really believe in living a healthy lifestyle and feeling great physically and mentally; running is something that keeps me humble and grounded, I always learn something new about myself or gain clarity. 

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Oh gosh, the million dollar question. In 5 years, I see myself excelling in my career, pushing boundaries and just living a life I’ll look back on and be proud of. I am really looking forward to living on my own and owning my career. I have worked really hard to get through school and absorb as much experience and knowledge as I can so that in 5 years I am at a place where I am really happy with my job and personal life.

What goals do you have as the Her Campus publicity director?

My main goal for Her Campus is to raise awareness at Kent State and gain readership. We are a newer organization, only a year old, so there are still a lot of students that don’t know who we are; I want to change that. We are an online magazine that covers everything from pop culture, lifestyle and career stories to health and fitness stories so there is something for everyone. I believe there is a huge market at Kent State for Her Campus we just haven’t reached them yet so as Publicity Director, spreading Her Campus throughout KSU is my ultimate goal.

Finally, what is a fun fact about yourself?

I plan on moving to Boston after graduation!

Keep up the good work, Gabrielle! We love you and appreciate everything you do for us!

Ally Strok

Kent State

Applied Communications and Public Relations major at Kent State University. Member of Chi Omega sorority. I love coffee, Paris, the Browns, my cat, and pizza.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.