Campus Celebrity: Alyse Rohloff

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Meet the Promotions Director for campus magazine The Burr, Alyse Rohloff!

Major: Public Relations with a Fashion Media Minor

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Toledo, OH

Her Campus (HC): How did you get involved with The Burr and what is your current role?Alyse Rohloff (AR): I got involved with The Burr because my friend Marissa was an editor and always talked so highly of it. When they sent out application for the spring semester, I applied to be a Promotions Assistant and ended up getting chosen to be the Promotions Director.

HC: What are the responsibilities of your position?AR: My responsibilities include attending weekly staff meetings, managing the promotions assistants, updating The Burr’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and organizing promotional events and merchandise.

HC: What is the best aspect of working for the Burr?AR: The best aspect of working for The Burr has been being able to make so many connections and friends. I love being able to help others and represent The Burr.

HC: What goals do you all have as an organization?AR: As an organization, we hope to support all members and groups of Kent State University. We are the on-campus general interest group and are open to stories on practically any subject.

HC: What else are you involved in?AR: Besides The Burr, I am a resident assistant in Olson Hall, a member of Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), Modista Fashion Group and Fashion Student Organization (FSO), in which I am on the PR team, and a past Student Success Leader for the School of Journalism and Mass Communication.

HC: Where do you see yourself in five years?AR: I hope to live in New York City, doing fashion PR work, and being the best combination of Lauren Conrad and Carrie Bradshaw there is!

HC: Do you have any advice for incoming freshmen interested in public relations?AR: If you think you’re interested, try it! I was in VCD my freshman year and switching to public relations is one of the best decisions I’ve made. Also, try doing PR work for a student organization; they’re always looking for people to do PR.

Talor Bly

Kent State

Hey, I'm Talor! I am a Sophmore Fashion Merch Major and Marketing Minor at Kent State University. I love traveling, laughter, and perfect weather.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.