Campus Celebrity: Abby Ball

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

With being only a sophomore here at Kent State University, Abby Ball has an impressive amount of involvement and activities. Abby manages to keep up with her academics while holding positions within various organizations and being a strong presence on campus.

Major: speech pathology and audiology

Minor: psychology with a certificate in disability studies and community inclusion

Campus Involvement: Delta Zeta Sorority, Junior Panhel, works as a student success leader teaching an FYE class and works for the dean of the college of education

Within Delta Zeta, Abby has held various positions. She was first an academic assistant chair as well as working with standards. Last semester, Abby took on the role of treasurer on executive board. She is about to serve her second consecutive term on executive board in a row as treasurer.

What is your favorite part about executive board? Getting to understand the process of how things work and being a big part of the smaller details that contribute to the bigger picture.

How did you become involved in the SSL program? I was approached by my own student success leader who later became a sorority sister of mine. She told me that she believed I had potential and should apply.

What are your goals within your major? I would love to research and work specifically with kids that are on the autism spectrum. I have worked in an orphanage in Jamaica, as well as at a camp for kids with special needs. Having these kinds of experiences have helped me to know exactly what I would like to do.

Why do you love Kent State? Kent is a big school with a small school feeling. We have so many opportunities here without having the feeling of being overwhelmed. I also love downtown Kent and think that it is absolutely beautiful.

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.