This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Summer is just around the corner (hopefully!), and that means it is time to start thinking about getting tan! Nothing feels better than having a great tan but achieving the perfect tan is definitely not an easy task. You do not want to look orange or streaky and would probably prefer not to smell too strong as many at home tanners often do. Here are some of the best self-tanning products that are sure to give you some great color. 

JERGENS Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer: This stuff is honestly pretty amazing, you can see results after the first use, and it is easy to apply. It does not leave streaks, one only needs to be careful when applying the lotion around the ankles. A plus to this product is that it is very moisturizing.

HEMPZ Herbal Body Primer paired Sunless Bronzer: What is amazing about HEMPZ Sunless Bronzer is how great it smells. It smells nothing like a self-tanner, it has a lite orange smell that is not too overpowering. Another plus about this self-tanner is that it is a mousse and not a lotion which makes it very easy to apply evenly. 

L’Oréal ProPerfect Salon Airbrush:  This stuff makes you feel like you are professional spray- tanner with an airbrush kit when in reality, you just bought a bottle of L’Oréal ProPerfect Salon Airbrush from Target. This product leaves you with great natural looking color. It takes a few hours for the color to set-in but once it does it looks great! Another plus about this specific product is that when first applied it smells like cinnamon!

Sally Hanson Leg Make-up: This goes on more like a thick foundation than self-tanner, but that means it is easier to fix streaks or uneven spots. This product also has a little bit of shine to which makes it great for formal events. The only negative to this product is that since it is technically leg make-up it does not stay on as long as a self-tanner does. 

Sarah Fogus

Kent State

Kent State University | Fashion Merchandising Major | Fashion Media Minor
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.