This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

The campus has a lot of nice places to study and it took quite a bit of work to find my favorite ones. I am sure I have yet to find some incredible spots, but these are the few that I have discovered and fallen in love with within my few months of being at Kent State. I cannot wait to see what else I will find.

And no, I do not have the student center listed. There is no way I could put something that basic on this list. 

I will go from my least to most favorite spots. Do not get me wrong though, they all have a special place in my heart. So let’s get started.

5. The seventh and eighth floors of the Library. 

I know this is a basic answer, but I also know that I can always count on having a successful study here. Most people go to the first or fourth floors, and I do not blame them. However, the seventh and eighth floors feel homier. The study pods are great but I prefer the tables overlooking the student center. 

4. The Lounge by Eastway Deli.

Usually, this is best when I go and grab some food and need to get some stuff done as well. There are always good vibes with comfy chairs, mostly quiet and respectful people, and nice lighting from outside. You can also overhear some really strange conversations.

3. The outside tables at the front of the campus.

I do not usually study here if I am being honest, but the few times I have, I absolutely loved it. If the weather allows it, I even like to sit under a tree on the ground. Surprisingly, you still have great service to get your work done, but it’s far enough away from the view of modern buildings that you feel engulfed in the sweet welcome of nature. But there are a bunch of tables if you do not think the ground suits you. 

2. The tables behind the library

These are very overlooked, very rarely do I find people at them. For that reason, I am reluctant to share this spot. But it has similar vibes to the front campus with a natural feel to it. The upside is that you’re right by Starbucks and the center of Kent’s campus. 

1. The integrated science building

I randomly and impulsively walked into the Integrated Science building with a friend and we fell in love with the lounges. It was a recent Saturday and we had nothing to do so we decided to explore some buildings we have never been to. So far I like the conference room, the random tables with the orange chairs, and both main lounges. It’s cozy and peaceful without making you want to fall asleep. Plus there are neat poster boards with different experiments on display throughout the building and I always find them interesting. And one last extra part that I love about it, I think they have the nicest set of bathrooms on campus. Very clean and sleek.

Hevin Wilkey

Kent State '25

Hevin Wilkey is a second year journalism major with a public relations minor. She is a writer for Kent's chapter of Her Campus. She spends most of her time doing homework, journaling or somewhere drinking boba.