This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Are you on the hunt for some gorgeous lingerie for Valentine’s Day? Instead of going to Victoria Secret check out these great environmentally conscious brands that design with comfort, style and sustainability in mind! 

Jonesy 

Jonesy’s underwear and bras are simple but cute and comfortable. They are all about mixing comfort and style. To make their underwear they use modal, which is a plant-based alternative to cotton. It’s very soft, but also biodegradable. 

Pretties 

Pretties underwear is for the 90s girl. The founder of this company Linda Meltzer created the baby tee. She then expanded her line to include lingerie. Meltzer’s goal was to create an unlined bra that actually worked. All of Pretties underwear is romantic and beautiful. Each piece is made with ribbed pointelle knit, trimmed with delicate lace, and has flower embroidery on it. Everything on Pretties website is made locally in the Arts District of downtown Los Angeles. 

Araks 

Araks makes really gorgeous lingerie and swimwear. They have a lot of lace and silk pieces in muted pastel colors. Their collections are made with core fabrics that never change so they save every swatch or scrap so it can be reused. If they do have any unusable leftover pieces of materials they donate them to schools or other organizations. They are trying to move towards using all organic cotton and recycled nylon in all of their pieces. On their website, they go into further detail about their suppliers and factories. 

Parade

Parade has the most fun underwear ever selling for a great price that goes up to a size 3xl. Their most expensive pair $13.00 so it’s underwear for everyone. All of their pieces are made with sustainable materials that come in 100% compostable packaging. Their underwear is stretchy, breathable, and super soft. They also donate 1% of their profit to Planned Parenthood. Parade just came out with a new line of mesh underwear. It comes in bright colors in patterns like checkerboard and polka dots. 

Ivia Retro 

Ivia Retro is a vintage store, but they sell beautiful vintage lingerie pieces. All of their pieces are priced quite reasonably; ranging between $20-$50.  They just did a Valentine’s Day drop!  All of the pieces remind me of what I think old Hollywood starlets would have worn to seduce their lovers. 

Soft and Wet 

If Greek Goddesses wore undies, they would be wearing Soft and Wet undies. Every piece is handmade in Italy using silk and every piece is unique. All of the silk is produced in Italy, which cuts down on the carbon footprint produced. Additionally, their workers earn fair wages and are being treated properly. 

Naked Intersection 

Naked Intersection is for the sexy minimalist in all of us. Its pieces only come in the colors black and white because their goal is to celebrate the nude form. All of their fabrics are locally sourced and made of natural fibers. They are produced in a small factory in East Los Angeles. Their lines are made in limited quantities to minimize the impact they have on the planet.  

Stay sexy and sustainable, and have a Happy Valentine’s Day!

Elaina Mendiola

Kent State '22

Elaina is a Fashion Merchandising major at Kent State University. She enjoys watching movies, hanging out with her dogs, thrifting, listening to podcasts, and being with friends. As a Her Campus writer, she hopes to share her passions of fashion and feminism while making others laugh along the way. Her very favorite things are her dog Priscilla, Manrepeller, and the podcast True Crime Obsessed.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.