This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Hey there, Bachelorette fans!

I am back and better than ever with some fresh thoughts and updates on this season of “The Bachelorette.”

To be honest, I was very skeptical of Hannah Brown as the reality show’s newest leading lady. However, I have turned into a huge fan of the self-proclaimed “Hannah Beast.” Here’s why:

Regardless of her beauty queen pageant past, Hannah does not hesitate to act 100% herself. Hannah doesn’t take any B.S from anyone, and I love it.  From the start, Hannah showed how serious she was about her “journey to find love” by sending home some f*ck boy on night one after it was revealed he came on the show with a girlfriend back home. After Hannah scheduled and enjoyed her first one-on-one of the season with blue-eyed Tyler, he was sent home after revelation of a violent history with ex-girlfriends. Needless to say, Hannah has been weeding through the men trying to find her perfect match.

Fast-forward to week seven, and Hannah is still on the hunt to find a hubbie, and for some reason Luke P. is still around. For those of you who don’t know (although I’m assuming if you’re reading this, you’re a fan of the show and definitely already know about Luke P.), this guy is a sociopath. From day one, Luke P. gave me the heebie-jeebies.

I have to cut Luke some slack given that someone has to have the villain edit this season, and he was the unfortunate target. But, Luke really has given us a lot of reasons to not like him. His cockiness protruded off of him from the moment his face showed up on our T.V screens, he doesn’t seem to have a single friend amongst the seven remaining guys and he is extremely possessive and manipulative when it comes to Hannah. Don’t get me wrong, I really do think Luke has very strong, real feelings for Hannah, but there’s something off about him. I can’t go into specifics of why he is the worst, because then we’d be here all day. Once again, if you don’t know Luke P., Google him. I promise the internet will tell you all the reasons to dislike him.

My front runners from the very beginning have been Jed and Peter, with the addition of Tyler C. after realizing he, in fact, is not a f*ck boy. But now this brings me to the newest controversy in the Bachelor franchise­—Jed’s alleged girlfriend scandal. I think this one is important to talk about because Jed is clearly a front runner and won’t be going home any time soon.

Jed’s girlfriend of four whole months came forward now, after seven weeks of the show already airing, saying that Jed only went on the show to promote his music then come back to Tennessee to continue dating her. While this could be true, considering Jed has been seen sharing a few songs on his guitar on the show, there’s always two sides to every story. Jed actually admitted to Hannah early on that he came onto the show with the wrong intentions and wanted to promote his music platform, but ended up really falling for her and his intentions are now about continuing a relationship with Hannah. So, if the ex-girlfriend is telling the truth, didn’t Jed kind of tell the truth too? We don’t get to see all of the conversations and details that go on throughout the dates, so it’s very possible that Jed told Hannah already about having a girlfriend before leaving for the show. But, I guess we’ll never know, at least not until the show has finished airing and the contestants can finally talk to the media.

Regardless of the speculation and rumors, I am still a fan of Jed, just not so much his singing… Anyway, as I’ve said in previous articles, it’s important to keep in mind that none of these guys come on here solely wanting to find love. People come on this show to promote their platforms and maybe be memorable and likable enough to show up on Bachelor in Paradise, with the added bonus of falling in love along the way. I respect Jed for at least admitting he came on for those reasons. Think about it—Jed didn’t have to admit all of that to Hannah if he didn’t mean it. Hannah had already connected with him and was clearly pursuing him before he had to make up any type of lie or manipulation. Rumors like these shouldn’t cause an outrage in fans.

Well, that’s the tea I have for today. I hope you all didn’t fall asleep or roll your eyes too many times while reading this. Over and out!

Lexi Marco

Kent State '20

Lexi is a public relations major with a marketing minor at Kent State University. She acts as a CC and Social Media Director for Her Campus Kent State and has been active in the chapter for two years. You can find Lexi at a local coffee shop or at her home in Youngstown, Ohio playing with her dogs. Instagram- mexilarco Twitter- leximarco
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.