Bachelor season 22: your new leading man

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

And the new Bachelor is…. who? Arie Luyendyk Jr. will take the role of the Bachelor 2018.

Confused on who he is? Back in 2012, Arie came close to a proposal with then Bachelorette, Emily Maynard. Luyendyk is also a competitive race car driver and works as a real estate agent. Fans are split with ABC’s choice, but apparently the decision has been in the works for quite sometime and according to Luyendyk on Good Morning America, “it’s time” to take the next steps toward marriage in his life. Fans were on edge for months awaiting the news of the new Bachelor and Twitter is going crazy. Bachelor Nation is conflicted and in shock considering people didn’t expect someone from five years ago to land the role. Fan favorites such as Peter Kraus and Dean Unglert from Rachel’s season were said to be in the running, along with the hilarious and quirky Wells Adams from Jojo’s season of The Bachelorette. Okay, so yeah, we may be disappointed that our predictions were very far off, but if you are a hard core Bachelor fan, I’m sure you’ll be along for the ride of season 22 regardless of who the The Bachelor is. Stay tuned for updates throughout Arie’s quest for love coming this winter!

Lexi Marco

Kent State '20

Lexi is a public relations major with a marketing minor at Kent State University. She acts as a CC and Social Media Director for Her Campus Kent State and has been active in the chapter for two years. You can find Lexi at a local coffee shop or at her home in Youngstown, Ohio playing with her dogs. Instagram- mexilarco Twitter- leximarco
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.