gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

And the next Bachelor is…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

With season 23 on its way, ABC has decided to cast its next leading man as Colton Underwood, the hunky football player who placed fourth on Becca Kufrin’s season of the Bachelorette.

The news of Colton as the next Bachelor doesn’t’t necessarily come as a surprise to Bachelor Nation after reality blogger Reality Steve broke the news via Twitter. ABC has been known to change its mind last second to keep viewers on their feet, but this time, the choice was set-in-stone.

Of course, there were a few other options, including lovable Jason Tartick and runner-up, Blake Horstmann. Both Jason and Blake would have been excellent options and would have taken the role of the Bachelor very seriously. It is not known as to why producers skipped over both these men to cast Colton. Fans everywhere seem to be outraged that producers chose to send Colton from the Bachelorette to Bachelor in Paradise to the Bachelor (we’ve seen this before with Nick Viall, who ended up probably being one of the worst Bachelors to watch.)

So, the choice of Colton for the next Bachelor leaves me with a few questions:

Will be actually be decisive throughout his journey?

Will he “give it up” this season? (For those of you who don’t know, Colton is known for being a 26 year old virigin, most likely another reason why producers cast him in the role.)

How many times will be mention football?

How many times will he start crying?

Colton’s season doesn’t start until January, but keep a lookout for our coverage on all things Bachelor related, and hopefully the answers to these questions!

Lexi Marco

Kent State '20

Lexi is a public relations major with a marketing minor at Kent State University. She acts as a CC and Social Media Director for Her Campus Kent State and has been active in the chapter for two years. You can find Lexi at a local coffee shop or at her home in Youngstown, Ohio playing with her dogs. Instagram- mexilarco Twitter- leximarco
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.