This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

The first article I ever wrote for Her Campus was called @kaseys.playlist on TikTok: Niche Playlists for all your Feels. It featured my top five favorite specific playlists created by @kaseys.playlist on TikTok.

Since then, the account has expanded to include not only finely-curated playlists but also “New Music Fridays” and artist watch lists. 

Today, I am revisiting my original article to recommend five new playlists from my favorite TikTok (and Spotify) account: @kaseys.playlist.

Honorable mentions: slow it down, taylor swift proving love is a lie and alt basics 

all of my favorite songs

@kaseys.playlist may just have the best music taste of all time, so if you’re looking for new undeniably great songs and artists, this playlist is a must-listen. There’s no specific feeling or theme, so the result is an ultra eclectic mix of bops.

songs i found on tumblr in 2013

Wow, remember Tumblr? If not, let this playlist jog your memory with artists such as The Neighborhood, The 1975 and Twenty One Pilots.

Just please don’t let it take you back to your “edgy” phase.

@kaseys.playlist

#duet with @sudsnaggone finally this playlist’s time to shine!! #greenscreen #lorde #the1975 #arcticmonkeys #tumblr

♬ 2014 tingz – 🤧
granola love songs :)

As a callback to my favorite playlist from my previous article (let’s just get in the car and drive), I had to include a folk playlist. Featuring quintessential artists such as The Lumineers, Mumford & Sons and Vance Joy, this playlist can take you back to feelings of first love and adventure.

in my head i do everything right

As a Lorde fan, of course, this playlist caught my eye immediately; it perfectly captures the exact feeling of “Supercut” by Lorde. Right now, I’m wild about this playlist and you should be too. While Lorde is the featured artist, an array of others such as COIN and Holly Humberstone (a new favorite artist discovery for me) make an appearance as well.

what sally rooney books sound like

Phoebe Bridgers and Bon Iver, this playlist captures the bittersweet feelings of longing that Sally Rooney books thrive on. While it is decidedly sad, there are a few silver linings sprinkled throughout that make this playlist worth a listen even on good days. 

While these are my newest favorites, you really can’t go wrong with any of the playlists @kaseys.playlist has to offer. Click here to see all of your choices and have a listen!

Jenna Bal

Kent State '24

Jenna Bal is a sophomore journalism major with a minors in English and web development. This is her second semester writing for HerCampus and the Burr. When she’s home in Toledo, Jenna enjoys working as a barista and spending time with her younger sisters. Her hobbies include reading, hiking, and journaling, and her favorite read is Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. After graduation, she hopes to write for a magazine and eventually pursue her master’s degree in library sciences.