This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Happy Women’s History Month! There’s so much to celebrate and to be thankful for this month, and remember: empowered women empower women, so, let’s take a look at some of the coolest women-owned and operated brands to support this month (and the other eleven months, too)!

Cuffed by Nano

This one hits close to home – literally. I am from Columbus so I especially love supporting this Columbus based company, run by just the founder Nano Anderson Swetman and her sister. It all started with cuff style bracelets, stamped with cute phases, but has expanded to a full jewelry line mainly known for the perfectly on-trend layering necklaces.

Caulipower

As a mother on a mission to feed her children healthy, allergy sensitive foods, Gail Becker began Caulipower with just cauliflower crust pizza but has expanded to a wide variety of healthy snacks and meals without the scary chemicals and additives that many premade foods have. Oh, and did I mention it’s delicious?

Rent the Runway

Before I say anything, I feel I need to disclose that I am a campus rep – but only because I seriously love this company! Rent the Runway was founded by Jenn Hyman and Jenny Fleiss, two Harvard students who saw an opportunity as women were avoiding being seen in the same thing twice, and going into debt over it! They offer one-time rentals and subscription services so that customers always have something “new” to wear.

Dazey LA

Known for their graphic t’s with empowering messages, Dazey LA is a slow fashion brand with a big price tag ($52 for a t shirt!) but customers are willing it pay for the zero waste products made in LA. The founder, Dani Dazey, designs everything herself.

Thinx

Period panties that can absorb up to four tampons with of blood? Of course, this innovation had to have been led by women. The three founders, Miki Agrawal, Radha Agrawal and Antonia Dunbar wanted to destigmatize periods while advocating for causes they believe in. Thinx has featured trans models (their website says the brand is “for people with periods”) and in 2019 signed a letter condemning the abortion bans that were sweeping the US. Talk about some boss ladies!

Bando

Founded by Jen Gotch, this lifestyle brand carries clothing, jewelry, stationery, décor and more. The brand is best known for the witty graphics on agendas, mugs and t-shirts. Bando is more than just cute products, though. Jen Gotch has a history of mental illness and has used her brand to bring awareness in hopes of destigmatizing the topic and comforting those dealing with similar issues. She is even releasing a book called The Upside of Being Down, chronicling her struggles and triumphs with mental health.

Wine Away

Mother-daughter duo Cheryl Corn and Staci Wanichek own and operate this small business that specializes in one miracle product Wine Away Red Wine Stain Remover. Not only are they a women-owned, family-owned business, but like others on this list, they are manufactured in the US.

Next time you’re in the mood to do some shopping, check out some of these companies and others run by boss ladies!

Caroline is a senior fashion merchandising major with a minor in business. She loves being apart of the Her Campus editorial team at Kent State! Fashion is her passion but her other interests include cooking, wine, yoga, reading, sustainability, and animals -especially her fur babies Sophia Lucia and Zara Bella, and yes, she knows their names are extra but she loves to be extra. Click the links below to keep up with her on Instagram and Twitter! Questions? Comments? Email her! cwebst11@kent.edu
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.