The 7 Deadly Sins All College Students Commit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Anger

“OH MY GAWWWD. This information was NOT on the study guide. Who would even know this. I’ve never heard of the word “concatenation”. We never learned this!!!”

The typical thought when taking that midterm you accidentally forgot to study for.

Envy

It doesn’t matter what size you are, how cute your gym attire is, or how many miles you’ve already grieved through, there’s always that girl in the gym you envy. You see her every time you’re there (four times a week at best) and wonder:  A. How does she not have any classes to go to? B. Is perfect makeup and hair really necessary on a Sunday afternoon? And C. How many pairs of black spandex can one person actually own? But don’t fret, the “perfect gym rat” probably has another “perfect gym rat” she’s envious of too. Even if it’s Jillian Michaels.

Pride

50+ likes on an artsy Instagram pic, ooohhhh yeah.

Greed

Every time your parents come to town and take you grocery shopping you suddenly need more mascara, the new issue of People, and endless packs of gum. Oh and don’t forget appetizers, steak, and dessert when they take you out to dinner.

Lust

It’s not your fault that the main reason your failing Calculus is because a tall, dark, and handsome soccer player just happens to be sitting right in front of you.

Sloth

Sweatpants, a warm bed, and Pinterest are always more inviting than going to class when its 10 degrees outside. Sorry not sorry.

Gluttony

Smashing on fried food at Rosie’s at 2 in the morning on a blurry Thursday night pretty much sums this one up. (I highly recommend the giant pancake with extra maple syrup)

Junior Fashion Merchandising student at Kent State University. Lover of Pilates, Sex and the City, Decorating, Entertaining, Marie Claire, Thai food, the Olsen twins, Christmas, and Traveling.