This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

As COVID-19 continues to ruin 2020, more and more college traditions are being postponed. The absence of massive homecomings and football games was only the beginning of this fall’s disappointments. Since Halloween can’t be celebrated with weekend-long parties and last-minute costumes, most college students consider the holiday cancelled. 

Like they have for the last seven months, college students will adjust to a social-distanced version of this holiday too. One of the best ways to have a spooky night in is to curl up with a scary movie. So grab a snack and get your friends on Zoom- here are a few of our favorite horror flicks to stream this Halloween.

Scream

‘Scream’ is the perfect combination of satire and horror, making it the best Wes Craven flick for Halloween.

Trick ‘r Treat

Halloween-themed anthology ‘Trick ‘r Treat’ is a hilariously spooky movie for anyone who needs comic relief with their jump scares.

Poltergeist

For lovers of all things paranormal, ‘Poltergeist” is a classic haunted house horror (it’s an award winning film for a reason).

Halloween

You didn’t think this Halloween movie list would exclude ‘Halloween,’ did you? This John Carpenter slasher is a scary but festive option for a horror marathon.

The Cabin in the Woods

Both a gory slasher and a dark comedy, ‘The Cabin in the Woods’ is a fun watch for a Zoom Halloween party.

The Exorcist

It’s a classic for a reason- being one of the scariest films in existence, ‘The Exorcist’ is only for the most seasoned horror veterans.

While Halloween parties might be cancelled, the holiday doesn’t have to be. A scary movie marathon keeps the spooky spirit in tact without even leaving the house. 

Sarah is a fashion merchandising major with a minor in fashion media at Kent State University. A New Jersey native, she relocated to Ohio to study at KSU. She is also a web writer for A Magazine and The Burr Magazine, as well as a community member of CollegeFashionista. When she isn't writing or studying, you can find Sarah online shopping, chugging coffee or watching horror flicks.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.