photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

5 Things To Do In Kent Before The Semester Ends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

The end of the semester is quickly approaching and leaving Kent to go home for the summer is always bittersweet. Here are five activities that will hopefully make move out day a little easier. 

1. Nature Trails Around Kent

Since the weather is finally warming up, pick a nice afternoon and head out on some of Kent’s trails! The Portage Hike & Bike Trail Franklin Connector is a great local trail that is paved so you don’t have to worry about stepping in mud. There are also great trails and places to walk all around downtown Kent. Grab a friend, or go by yourself. Clearing your mind and walking is good for you, especially before exams.

Address: 784 Judson Rd, Kent, OH 44240

2. Head Downtown

Some of my favorite memories have happened in downtown Kent. I highly recommend grabbing some food at a local place you can’t find back at home. Tree City Coffee, Peace Love Little Donuts and Twisted Meltz are all places that are unique to Kent. Go explore Acorn Alley because the little shops there aren’t found anywhere else.

3. Watch A Movie On Campus

There are always movies playing at the Kiva on campus for KSU students. It’s free for students and it’s fun to catch some of the newest movies with your friends without having to travel far. The program is called Real Late Reels and you can find out more about when they are showing certain movies by following @KSCProgramming on Twitter. Some movies they are playing are Wonder, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and Black Panther. 

4. Pet The Campus Therapy Dogs

Monday May 7th, everyone’s favorite therapy dogs will be at the library on the first floor! They will be there from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. There will be snacks and beverages. It could be a great idea to grab a few friends, pet some dogs and then study at the library for finals. 

5. Thrift Shop

Speaking from personal experience, places around Kent have had the best items when I’ve gone thrift shopping. When I return home, the selection is never as great. Two places that I believe to be the best are Village Discount Outlet in Cuyahoga Falls. This place is big and you can find any item of clothing you could ever want. I usually walk out of there with at least 3 new items. Another store you can’t miss is Einstein’s Attic. This one is right in Kent. It has a crazy assortment of clothes and you will always find something unique inside. 

Village Discount Outlet Address: 2930 State Rd, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223

Einstein’s Attic Address: 115 Cherry St, Kent, OH 44240

I hope these 5 things helped you decide how you want to spend your last few weeks in Kent before the semester is over. 

Junior at Kent State University Fashion Merchandising major with a Fashion Media minor I've been writing for Her Campus for about a year now!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.