timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Quotes To Empower You This Women’s Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

1. “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants” – Coco Chanel

As a woman you are so skilled and have the power to do so many things, women have already broken so many barriers. Challenge yourself to break some more, and stop waiting for others to set the standard. All you need to accomplish anything is yourself.

2. “Each woman stands up for herself, she stands up for all women” – Maya Angelou

As women, we tend to have this unspeakable bond, but we don’t always act on it. It’s 2019, speak your mind and speak up for your fellow sister.

3. “The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared woman on the planet.” -Mohadesa Najumi

Sometimes as women we find ourselves seeking the opinion and validation from others. The truth is we know what is best for ourselves. We are the only people who understand our exact thoughts and see our exact visions for ourselves.

4. “Do not ever let anyone make you feel like you don’t matter or like you don’t have a place in our American story because you do. And you have a right to be exactly who you are.” – Michelle Obama

Michelle Obama is a great role model and inspiration. She herself has overcome so many boundaries, including being a first generation college student and has made a name for herself outside of being the First Lady. If Michelle Obama can do it, so can you.

5. “I think the best role models for women and girls are people who fruitfully and confidently themselves, who bring light into the world.” – Meryl Strep

As young girls, we all had someone who has just spilled out confidence, whether it was a family member like a sister or mother, or someone we saw on the television. Lastly,  this month you should challenge yourself to be that role model for someone.

Salena Flores

Kent State '21

Salena Flores is a sophomore fashion merchandising major, pursing minors in marketing and entrepreneurship at Kent State University. Salena is from a small town called Ottawa, Ohio. When she is home loves spending time with her friends and family, especially her two nieces. She is also very involved on campus, serving as the secretary of Sister Circle and a mentor for the Oscar Ritchie Scholars Program. Salena enjoys trying new things, journaling and empowering others. After school Salena hopes to move away from Ottawa and experience the city life.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.