Doc Martin boots in snow
Doc Martin boots in snow
Original photo by Caroline Webster
Style

5 Pairs of Lug Sole Boots to Wear Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Chunky styles have reigned supreme in the footwear department for several seasons now, and boots are not immune to the trend. Lug sole boots are having a major moment – and are likely to stick around as they are both stylish and practical for stomping through the snow, just what a girl on the go needs! Below, check out a few iterations of the style to find your perfect pair.

Platform Boots

You can’t go wrong with Dr. Martens, the OG lug sole boots. Try this platform style for a fun update.

Shop here, $200

Knee High Boots

A favorite among fashion bloggers everywhere, these boots keep selling out. Not only do they feature a lug sole, but they’re tall, making them an ideal winter boot. Zara really did something when creating these.

Shop here, $69.99

Chelsea Boots

Perfect for everyday wear, and offered in a huge range of colors, textures and patterns. These Dolce Vitas are the perfect way to try out the lug sole trend.

Shop here, $140

Rain Boots

Need a waterproof boot, but not willing to sacrifice on style? These are for you! Bonus points for the unique green color!

Shop here, $79.99

White Boots

White boots are have been trending on their own, but paired with a lug sole? Show-stopping.

Shop here, $219.95

Caroline is a senior fashion merchandising major with a minor in business. She loves being apart of the Her Campus editorial team at Kent State! Fashion is her passion but her other interests include cooking, wine, yoga, reading, sustainability, and animals -especially her fur babies Sophia Lucia and Zara Bella, and yes, she knows their names are extra but she loves to be extra. Click the links below to keep up with her on Instagram and Twitter! Questions? Comments? Email her! cwebst11@kent.edu
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.