This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Whether you’re an incoming freshman looking for ways to meet new people, or a senior looking to make new connections, joining clubs and organizations at Kent State is a great way to do this. Most of us know Kent State has a club for just about everything, so here are suggestions to help strengthen your girl gang this semester!

Her Campus Kent State

Her Campus is the perfect place to meet new people while developing skills for your resume. We are an online magazine geared toward college-aged women, and professional development but a lot goes into making Her Campus great! We have multiple teams including the editorial team, social media team and event planning. Be on the lookout for applications and HerWeek in the spring semester!

Sister Circle

Sister Circle is a women empowerment initiative housed under the Student Multicultural Center. Sister Circle works to empower and develop women of color at Kent State University while also being open to advocates and allies. As a former board member, Sister Circle is a great place to make genuine connections, become educated on topics and practice open dialogue with your peers!

GOGirl

Goal Orientated Girl Ministries was recently founded by Ariadne Ray. As stated on the KSU engaged website, GO girl is geared towards women who find it difficult to reach their goals. Their focus is learning the importance of goal setting, execution and community through Jesus Christ. If you find yourself wanting to tap into your potential and expand your religious relationship this is your organization

Female Medical Student Organization

Fe-Med is an organization for female students pursuing an education in health-related fields. They work to provide support and create a friendly environment for these women. If you are interested in the medical field and looking to make new friends, have guidance and meet new study buddies Fe-Med is great.

Women in Theatre

Women in Theatre an organization for women in the arts fields. This organization recognizes the underrepresentation of women in the areas of music, theatre, dance and other art industries. Their goal is “to empower women in the arts, educate men identifying students on how to approach women in the industry, and lastly to influence women to find and be their authentic selves.”

We know the semester will be looking different this semester since most of us will be taking classes online. Some of these organizations plan on having accommodations for these measures like Zoom meetings and activities. It’s easy for us to stay cooped up when most of our lectures will be on our laptops but get creative. Go out of your comfort zone and still try to make new friends.

Salena Flores

Kent State '21

Salena Flores is a sophomore fashion merchandising major, pursing minors in marketing and entrepreneurship at Kent State University. Salena is from a small town called Ottawa, Ohio. When she is home loves spending time with her friends and family, especially her two nieces. She is also very involved on campus, serving as the secretary of Sister Circle and a mentor for the Oscar Ritchie Scholars Program. Salena enjoys trying new things, journaling and empowering others. After school Salena hopes to move away from Ottawa and experience the city life.