This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Halloween is quickly approaching and what better way to spend your Halloween than with a movie marathon. Although this Halloween will be quite different from past years due to the pandemic, that’s no excuse to not celebrate. Invite all your friends and don’t forget to supply the candy. You can find all these movies on Disney Plus!

‘Hocus Pocus’

Everyone needs to watch Hocus Pocus at LEAST once this Halloween season. It’s an all-time classic! The movie follows the protagonist Max, who accidentally frees three witches back from the 17th-century. You surely won’t be thinking magic is a bunch of “hocus pocus” after watching this movie!

‘Twitches’

This Disney original movie follows two teenage witches who didn’t know they were sisters until they reunite 21 years later on Halloween. Alex and Camryn must find a way to save the world from darkness. This movie is perfect to watch with your friends and family, plus there’s a sequel!

‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’

Do you love Halloween and Christmas? This movie has got to be one of Tim Burton’s finest pieces of work. The movie follows Jack Skellington, the pumpkin king, and his journey to take over Christmas. I recommend saving this movie to watch last so you can get right into the holiday spirit!

‘Halloweentown’

One of my personal all-time favorite Halloween movies has to be Halloweentown. Halloweentown follows Marnie, who learns she descends from a line of witches. She must help her grandmother save Halloweentown before it’s too late. If you are a fan of the first movie, I highly recommend watching the second movie, Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge, too!

‘Hotel Transylvania’

This animated comedy is perfect for all ages. Even the parents of my friends love this movie! Starring Adam Sandler and Selena Gomez, Hotel Transylvania follows Mavis, the daughter of Dracula, who unexpectedly falls in love with none other than Johnny, a human. What could go wrong, right?

Have a spooky Halloween!

Livi Harmat

Kent State '23

Livi is a junior studying Fashion Merchandsing at Kent State University. In her free time, Livi can be found taking photos, reading, and going to trendy (but yummy) restaurants
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.