This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Last year I wrote an article listing five Netflix Original shows that you might not know about. Since then, I have watched a few more series that I do not think enough people have seen. If you feel that you have exhausted Netflix for all of its quality content, here are five more shows to add to your watchlist. Another honorable mention goes to Home for Christmas (Hjem til Jul), which I reviewed and praised in my 2019 Netflix Christmas article. Happy streaming!

Elite (Élite)

Watch this if you like: American Crime StoryRebelde

This show is the teen drama that I have always been looking for but never quite found. Upon it’s Netflix release, it only took twelve days for Elite to be renewed for a second season. Elite follows three working-class high school students who are placed in the most exclusive private school in Spain, causing a culture clash that leads to the death of a student. This show manages to have an ensemble of characters that I love and loathe at the same time, causing me to not stop talking about this show. If you are looking to expand your watchlist to include international shows, I would recommend this one as it has a very strong American following and occasionally includes English-speaking scenes. The third season will be added on March 13th, so get to watching! 

Sex Education

Watch this if you like: The End of the F***ing World

As the second season dropped, I did not stop hearing praise for this show, and I am glad I gave it a chance. Sex Education follows Otis, a teenager whose mom is a sex therapist. He teams up with fellow classmate, Maeve, to set up a secret sex therapy clinic in their high school. I have not seen a show quite like this and the only thing I suppose I could compare it to is a high school version of Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide? Sex Education beyond being an entertaining show is also an important show for education and awareness, including several LGBTQ+ characters and unique storylines introduced in each episode. Seasons 1 and 2 are now available to stream, with a third season just announced.

The Society

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJzU-b5EU9c

Watch this if you like: LostPretty Little Liars

I will be honest: this show took me a while to enjoy, but once I did, I loved it. The Society begins as all of the high school students in West Ham return from a field trip to discover that all of the other civilians of the town are gone and there is no way out. The concept is what kept me watching, despite my yelling at my screen at the characters to make a plan and stop partying at the beginning of the season. This show trapped me, with fans developing theories almost as complex as those from Pretty Little Liars fans. This show is wild in the best way, showing how teenagers could form a new society under extreme circumstances. Season 2 is set to arrive in May. 

Next In Fashion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2W0ivtnXjY

Watch this if you like: Project Runway, Queer Eye

As a fashion major and long-time Project Runway fan, I was excited to see a new spin on the fashion design reality competition show. Next In Fashion brings established designers into the spotlight, with the winner representing what is coming in the future of fashion. Hosted by Queer Eye’s Tan France and fashion designer, Alexa Chung, I found this show to have a particular sense of joy to it. Straying away from manufactured drama, Next In Fashion focuses on the central idea of the whole competition: fashion. Season 1 is available to watch now. 

High Seas (Alta Mar)

Watch this if you like: Knives Out, Cable Girls

Another excellent show from Netflix Spain! Set in the 1940s, two sisters board a luxury ship traveling from Spain to Brazil. While aboard, they attempt to uncover mysterious family secrets and find the perpetrator of a string of passenger deaths. If you love a classic murder mystery, you should add High Seas to your watchlist. It is fun but also delivers the drama, as we see the mystery unfold from the perspectives of all the eccentric characters. Seasons 1 and 2 are now available. 

I hope you enjoy watching these shows full of drama, love, mystery and fabulously fashionable moments as much as I did!

Lainey is a senior at Kent State University studying Fashion Design with a minor in Costume Design & Technology. She is so excited to be the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Kent State this year and to start her career in costume design for film and television. Read on for the latest on film, fashion, music and much more!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.