This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

I absolutely adore the holiday season, the food, the lights, the movies and yes, the music.

I was raised in a religious household so I have a soft spot for Christian songs, however, that’s not everyone’s cup of tea, and rightfully so. Then there are the classics of Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin.

Over the years there have been numerous amounts of re-recorded versions of the same ten damn songs. I needed to create the perfect Christmas playlist that was the perfect mix of nostalgia, old-time classics and iconic bops.

I figured going through Christmas movie soundtracks would be perfect, so here are the five best holiday movies with the best soundtracks, in my opinion.

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

This movie was constantly played in my household and I appreciate the transparency of families sucking and plans falling through, all mixed up with odd humor.

There is the typical “Here Comes Santa Claus” by Gene Autry, as well as the “Hallelujah Chorus.”

But what truly is worth listening to in this album is “Christmas Vacation.”

A Charlie Brown Christmas

I don’t actually remember fully watching this movie, however, I love having the soundtrack play in the background when I am cleaning, making dinner or having friends over.

It is the perfect album to warm the atmosphere and get into the holiday spirit.

Click here to listen to A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Happiest season

Happiest Season is a Hulu original film released last year.

This album consists of more original and upbeat songs that are fun and display various unique voices. While some of these songs make me cringe because I feel like I am in the middle of a holiday retail shift, there are definitely some bops.

I personally recommend: “Blame it on Christmas,” “Mrs.Claus” and “Christmas Morning.”

Home Alone

If you haven’t seen this movie, I am genuinely afraid of you. I love this soundtrack because of how it unfolds throughout the movie. The Main Title song, “Somewhere in My Memory” will always make me feel comforted and happy.

The Home Alone soundtrack has a good mix of original scoring as well as holiday classics like “Carol the Bells” and “White Christmas.”

Harry Potter and the sorcerer’s Stone

I do not care. Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone is a Christmas album. These recommendations are for those who appreciate good scoring and find peace in instrumental music.

This score was written by John Williams, the same composer as Home Alone, which makes sense why it gives me that same Christmas feeling.

Click here to listen to “Christmas at Hogwarts.”

So, which holiday movie has the best soundtrack to you? Is it one that I listed? Is it a classic Christmas movie? Or is it like Harry Potter and a nontraditional holiday film?

No matter what music you listen to this holiday season, just make sure that it fits you and your vibes.

Happy holidays!

Melina Cavella

Kent State '24

Hi! My name is Melina Cavella, and this is my first year being involved with Her Campus. I am currently a Fashion Merchandising at Kent State University. Her Campus has given me a new found enjoyment for writing, and I constantly feel encouraged by the amazing women that are in this chapter with me!