This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Have you ever watched a TV show or movie or read a book where you felt so connected to a character or just felt an overwhelming lump in your throat about how much you love them? Just me? Well, I know that I get attached to fictional characters way too easily, and yes, there is a select few I would die for. We all have our own list. This is mine. 

Daenerys Targaryen 

If you haven’t binged the entire series of Game of Thrones already you need to get on it. At first, I was skeptical about starting but once you begin you get hooked and ten hours later you realize you haven’t got up from your bed at all that Sunday.

Now let’s talk girl power! Daenerys embodies female empowerment. She is a girl I’m not sure I want to be or if I want to date. She went from a girl who lost her entire family to the King of Westeros, to a woman working through everything to reclaim her throne. Daenerys frees the slaves in many different cities and time and time again proves she can’t be messed with. My favorite scene is when she is being interrogated by the Dothraki because her dead husband was one of them and under their law, she now belongs to them. Daenerys, Mother of Dragons, as they call her, ends up burning all the men to the ground. She emerged from the flames as a true bad bitch. I had to stand up from my bed and give her all the snaps. However, the way they ended the series for Daenerys was AWFUL. She deserved SO much better, and I could write an essay about how much she deserved, but we’d be here all day.

Conrad Fisher 

This fictional heartthrob comes from the The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy. Isabella Conklin, or as everyone calls her Belly, goes to her mother’s best friend’s beach house every summer. Her mother’s friend happens to have two boys, Conrad and Jeremiah Fisher. Belly has been in love with Conrad since she was around 8 years old. The novel goes back and forth from Belly’s childhood to her in the present. I have read this trilogy three times, and it gets me in the feels every time. You read it, and you start to develop feelings for Conrad, the quiet, intellectual boy who may seem like he doesn’t want anything to do with you, but he drops little comments about how you don’t like a certain food or band, and it seems he has been paying attention to you all along. Conrad has his troubles in the book, but it makes you love him even more. If you’ve ever had a childhood crush that follows you, then you know that gut wrenching feeling when he absentmindedly plays with your hair for the first time. 

Peter Kavinsky 

I just want to start this out with UGH! You may know the Netflix hit movie To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before Peter Kavinsky, and he’s the best thing to happen to me, but to know the novel version of Peter Kavinsky is even better. Peter is the boyfriend every girl wants. Peter is picture perfect, intuitive and would die for you (just like I would die for him). If you loved the movies, you need to read the book! Peter is the sweetest boy and spoils Lara Jean in every way possible. All I have to say is can I please get my own Peter Kavinsky?

Jess Mariano 

Another character who deserved so much better!! Peter Kavinsky may be the boyfriend of my dreams, but Jess Mariano is the bad boy of my dreams. But it turns out Jess is not the bad boy everyone in Stars Hollow thinks he is. Jess Marino is from the TV show Gilmore Girls. Jess is Luke’s sister’s son, whom Luke cares for, for a while. Jess comes into the quaint town of Stars Hollow and wreaks havoc, but Rory gets under his skin and discovers the real Jess. Jess was portrayed as the bad boy type because his mom and dad basically abandoned him, but deep down he was hurting, and this is how he coped. Jess was masking his pain, and it made me just want to cuddle him until he felt better. Jess then grew up and decided to take back his life. Out of all three of Rory’s guys, Jess cared the most for her and only wanted to see her shine. He wanted her to succeed and be happy more than he wanted himself to. Even in the revival Jess came back and persuaded Rory to go after her writing career when she was doubting it, telling her that she had the perfect story. He deserved to end up with her and take care of her until the end of time!!! 

Rapunzel

I thought it was only fitting to include my favorite Disney princess. Rapunzel is so pure about life and something about it makes me so happy. In Tangled she helps shape Flynn into the man he is meant to be, and I would personally like her to whip me into shape too. I believe she brings out the best in people, which I aspire to do. She also sees the good in everyone she meets even if they keep proving her wrong, and then continuing to see the good in the next person after she was put through pain. I can relate to that trait. She makes me want to be a bottle blonde, sing my heart out wherever I go, and sit in a canoe with the love of my life surrounded by thousands of floating lanterns.

Now, I have so many more TV, movie and book characters I love to death, but again, we’d be here all day if I listed them all. I wanted to share with you my top five and hopefully inspire you to check out these incredible novel, shows and movies if you have not already! I’m serious go start watching Game of Thrones now, you won’t regret it, I promise. 

Shelby Rabideaux is currently attending Kent State University. She is majoring in Digital Media Production and will have a minor in Fashion Media. Her love for entertainment and film came from actively going to concerts. She currently is on a TV show called The Blurb that focuses on entertainment news that her school produces. She dreams to be able to inspire others like how she was inspired. Shelby is currently the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Kent State and the President where she strives to share her love for Her Camps with the Kent community. 
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.