5 Easy Halloween Costumes that Throwback to the Good Old Days

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

As Halloween is quickly approaching, you might be struggling to figure out what you want to be! Poof! Let me be your Fairly OddParent! I have come up with five throwback costumes from all of your favorite shows back in the day and how to achieve these looks!

1. Debbie Thornberry from “The Wild Thornberrys” 

To get Debbie’s look you will need to get a hot orange crop top, a green flannel to throw overtop, some distressed mom jeans and to finish off Debbie’s style just throw on some cute combat boots.  Debbie’s hair is always in a deep side part with her natural curls left to flow freely! 

2. Kim Possible from “Kim Possible” duh

Kim’s look when she is on a mission is relatively simple considering that she has to be able to fight crime in it. To get her look all you are going to need is a long-sleeved crop top, a quality pair of cargo pants, a belt to wear over your pants, some gloves so you can’t leave any fingerprints and combats boots to finish it off. Now if you naturally have Kim’s orange locks you are ready to go, but for the rest of us it might take a wig or just rocking Kim with a new hair color! 

Bonus points if you can get a boy to be your Ron Stoppable! 

3. Spinelli from “Recess” 

I don’t know about you, but I always wanted to be Spinelli when I was little. She was such a badass! To achieve her look is pretty simple, you will need an orange dress layered with a leather jacket topped with an orange beanie and all pulled together with orange and yellow knee socks and combat boots

Sarah Hyland killed this look back in 2012! Also, more bonus points if you can get your boyfriend to be T.J.

4. Raven from “Teen Titans” 

As an avid superhero aficionado today, it all started with “Teen Titans” when I was younger. Who wouldn’t want to be Raven, she is a badass woman who can handle her own business but also can get a man to love her! Raven’s outfit consists of a plain black leotard over either white tights or fishnets (if you are feeling frisky), a hooded cape is thrown overtop, for shoes you can either wear basic black boots or these fierce purple boots I found, and finally her look is completed with red spherical accessories that can be achieved by using Styrofoam spheres cut in half and painted red then placed on a chain. 

Make it a couple’s costume by painting your boyfriend green, and boom he is Beast Boy! 

5. Sam Manson from “Danny Phantom” 

Sam Manson is one of the luckiest girls alive in my opinion. I mean who doesn’t have a crush on Danny Phantom! Sam is the queen of emo fashion, so if you didn’t go through an emo phase in high school like the rest of us first of all, you missed out and secondly, you will probably have to purchase more things for this costume. To steal her look you will need a black cropped tank with an added purple circle in the center, purple leggings to go under your green plaid skirt (or black skirt with make-shift plaid using green tape), the staple piece in any emo girl’s wardrobe, combat boots and finally the black accessories

Don’t forget the black bob with a sassy half-up half-down pony and purple lipstick to finish out the look. The real finishing touch would be Danny Phantom by your side!

I hope these helped give you some inspiration to rock your college’s Halloweekend! If you try any of these ideas out tag us on twitter @HerCampus and @HCKentState!  Remember to stay safe and have a Happy Halloween!

Jess Goodwin is a  senior at Kent State University, where she is the Senior Editor for the Her Campus Kent State chapter! She is a Journalism major who has enjoyed writing and telling stories her whole life. When she is not writing, Jess is dancing and choreographing. She has been dancing for over 15 years and choreographing for just about 3 years now! She has a passion for movies, books and entertainment, but she also has a love for activism and promoting love! Jess's socials are: Instagram: @jess.goodwin Twitter: @jessgoodwin13 
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.