Style

5 Athleisure Basics for Lazy Mondays

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Athleisure is a college girl’s best friend, and elevating your wardrobe with these comfy basics will change a last-minute look from messy to chic. From leggings to pullovers, these pieces effortlessly fuse fashion and function, ensuring you look put together while embracing the comfort of lazy days. Whether you’re heading to an 8 a.m. or just studying at the library, these athleisure staples will have you covered in style. Say goodbye to Monday blues and hello to a trendy yet comfortable closet!

1. Quarter-Zip Pullover

With cold weather impending, slip into a quarter-zip pullover for an instant style upgrade. Running late to class? Save time and look presentable with this pullover. My favorite way to wear these is to pair it with leggings or sweats. The quarter zip seamlessly blends warmth and style, and I would rate it ideal for those hectic mornings. One of the best-rated pullovers on the market comes from Athleta, namely the Seasoft Quarter Zip. With the mix of five colors and inclusive sizing, you should have no trouble finding your perfect pullover.

2. Flare Yoga Pants

If you were to take a ten-minute walk around Kent State’s campus, you would find at least five girls wearing yoga pants. Initially rising in popularity last year and with no signs of stopping, these pants will ensure trendiness and coziness. The most popular way to style these is with UGG slippers and a comfy sweatshirt. Whether you’re heading to the rec center or simply running errands, these pants will have your back when you don’t feel like jeans. Target’s in-house brand Wild Fable has a collection of yoga pants that start as low as $20, so no need to break the bank!

3. Straight-Leg Sweats

One of my favorite pieces in my closet is my Kent State straight-leg sweats that I got downtown at the spirit shop. These are my go-to when I need to get dressed and go. Sweatpants are the heroes of a college girl’s wardrobe—comfy yet effortlessly chic if you pair them with the right accessories. Perfect for late-night study sessions or just hanging with friends, they offer both style and comfort.

4. Tennis Dress

Bring a touch of sportiness to your collection with a tennis dress. This one-piece wonder has been popular lately, and it is easy to see why. Unlike a normal dress, the built-in shorts and breathable fabric allow for daily wear. Victoria’s Secret Pink has a large collection of these dresses, ranging from a flare fit to straight and simple.

5. Mini Bike Shorts

Ranging from soft buttery fabrics to athletic spandex, bike shorts are perfect for warmer days. Workout in these for their flexible fit, or pair it with a cropped zip-up and cute jewelry to go for a clean and trendy aesthetic. A favorite among college girls, Lululemon has many colors, cuts and fabric choices to choose from for your ideal bike short, and bestseller Align High-Rise Short comes in eight different colors and five different lengths.

Overall, my athleisure collection is not something I think I could live without. Elevate your Monday comfort with these athleisure essentials—where style meets breathable soft fabrics. Take on the week with confidence and comfy clothes!

Zoë Eigenbrod

Kent State '27

Hi! My name is Zoë, and I am a freshman at Kent State University studying computer science with a concentration in cybersecurity. Other than writing, I love cats, listening to K-pop and drinking anything pumpkin-flavored.