4 ways to stay motivated until finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

With spring break just ending and finals right down the road, how can one manage to stay motivated? All there is to think about is the never-ending workload you’ll face when you get back to school. I know for me, thinking of all of the assignments I have to do when I get back, stresses me out just thinking about it. Below are some tips on how to get through these last five weeks of classes and how to prepare for finals.

1. Take one thing at a time. Looking at everything you need to do will not only stress you out more, but will leave you not knowing where to start. Making a to-do list and planning out your day will keep you focused on one task at a time.

2. Remember to turn in your assignments. If you have to maintain a certain GPA for your scholarships, keep that in mind. It’s easy to miss one assignment but if that’s the difference between a B and an A, try to complete the assignment to the best of your ability.

3. Plan something fun to do! Have brunch with your friends or go see a movie, whatever it is, giving yourself something to look forward to will motivate you to get through the week.

4. Take care of your health! If you find yourself getting sick because of all of the work and stress, take some time for yourself. It’s important to get enough sleep so that you can do your best for the rest of the semester. No one wants to be sick and study for finals at the same time. 

Hey! My name is Amanda Levine and I'm from Brooklyn, NY. I love playing softball, listening to music, and watching netflix.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.