4 Ways to Find Self-Acceptance and Happiness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Everybody has days where they hate the way they look and feel. Finding self-acceptance and happiness is easier said than done. However, everybody is diffrent in their own way and that’s what makes them who they are. Here are four easy tips on how to find your own personal self-acceptance and happiness.

Accept your flaws and learn to love them: As classic Hannah Montana put it: nobody’s perfect. Remind yourself you’re going to have bad days and you’re going to have imperfections. But, that’s what makes you you. You live and you learn it!

Don’t be your own bully: Instead of having negative thoughts and saying mean things about yourself, remind yourself of all the amazing things about you! Talk yourself up, instead of tearing yourself down.

Surround yourself with positive people: Find your person, someone who will support and help you and be there through every up and down. Don’t hang around people who make you feel badly about yourself or tear you down. Be around people who make you feel good about yourself and help you love who you are. 

Don’t mind what other people think: It’s so hard to not care what other people think. But, you shouldn’t base everything you do on what others will think. Don’t worry if somebody else will think it is stupid or dumb, just be you and have fun. 

Hi! I'm Taylor Robinson. I'm a sophomore journalism major at Kent State. I like Parks and Rec and hanging out with my dog.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.