This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Kris Jenner is well known for being the matriarch of Hollywood’s premier famous family, the hilarious, glamorous and larger-than-life Kardashian Klan. However, Kris Jenner is so much more than a reality TV star; she is the business savvy “momager” that put her family on the map, and we could all learn a thing or two from the hardworking socialite.

It’s never too late to start pursuing your dreams

This one goes out to all of you who haven’t figured out your college major just yet. One of the most unique aspects of Jenner’s groundbreaking career is that Jenner did not venture into the business world until the second chapter of her life. In her twenties, Jenner was originally a flight attendant, and she took her first management position when she was in her late thirties, marketing the Olympic career of her former spouse, Caitlyn Jenner. Furthermore, Kris Jenner was 51 when Keeping Up with the Kardashians premiered, and she serves as a wonderful example of someone who has found great success, despite having never imagined herself pursuing her chosen career earlier in life.

Take every opportunity that comes your way

Just months before the release of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, the Watergate of reality T.V. broke headlines: Kim’s sex tape. While many expected Kris, the family’s self-proclaimed “momager,” to react negatively, she, instead, helped use her daughter’s newfound fame to catapult their originally “fame-adjacent” family into total stardom, and she proves the importance of seeing the upside to every opportunity that aligns itself with you when it comes to pursuing your goals.

Learn from those around you

Kris Jenner’s journey from Los Angeles socialite to business savvy celebrity manager did not happen overnight, but over two decades during Jenner’s marriage to Robert Kardashian, famous lawyer and father to Kim, Kourtney, Khloe, and Robert Jr. Jenner married Kardashian when she was 22, and credits her business education to her close friendships at the time with entertainment industry forerunners. By the time she remarried with Caitlyn Jenner, she had gathered enough about the industry to begin managing her spouse. In essence, surround yourself with interesting and educated people and learn from them and their experiences.

Networking is invaluable

Keeping Up with the Kardashians was the show that broke ground in defining a new type of fame. However, many don’t realize that the sole reason this clever TV series was ever even imagined was because of Kris Jenner’s innovation. Realizing that, with a blended family of ten children that ranged in ages from seven to 26, their family could be reality TV gold, Jenner contacted producer Ryan Seacrest and, after filming a family barbeque, decided to go through with producing KUWTK. Once the show was picked up by E!, Jenner began acting as executive producer. Without Jenner contacting Seacrest, who knows if the Kardashian family would have ever reached true stardom? In this way, Jenner teaches the world a very valuable lesson: make connections, and use them to pursue your goals!

Kris Jenner is an iconic example of hard work and dedication, and can serve as an inspiration to us all. She continues to manage her and her family’s very successful careers, while making us laugh on KUWTK every week, and if that’s not #goals, then I don’t know what is.

Alina Whitehouse

Kent State '23

Alina is a freshman at Kent State University majoring in Journalism and minoring in Fashion Media. She loves painting, baking, acting, dancing, and dogs, and is passionate about creating awareness for Hashimoto's thyroiditis. She hopes to work for a magazine in the future and run her own blog, and she can usually be found binge watching Friends or Jane the Virgin, or watching Tastemade videos on Instagram.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.