Style > Fashion

4 Fashion Trends You Can Expect To See This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

With summer coming to an end, it is time to start transitioning to the upcoming autumn season. New home decor, new food and more importantly, new fashion trends! Designers have already started creating pieces that will definitely be setting the tone for fall.

If you are the kind of person who likes to stay on-trend, it is important to know what is going to be in style for the months ahead. Stylish knitwear, preppy chic, tailored suits and midi-style pieces are just a few of the styles you will see circulating this fall. Keep reading to see what you can expect to see trending. 

New knitwear

Knit pieces are a must for the cold seasons. Nothing is better than relaxing and curling up with a cozy knit sweater in the fall.

However, sweaters are not the only knit garments you will be seeing. Who wants to be basic anyways? Knit two-pieces, sweater vests, skirts and midi and maxi dresses will be everywhere this fall! Designers are also using fabrics such as wool and cashmere along with form-fitting silhouettes to achieve a flattering look. As well as basic knit styles, patchwork and patterned knit sweaters have been making an appearance on the runway.

Glitz And Glam

Designers are setting the tone for fall style, on the runway, by using rhinestones, sequins and feathers on gowns, jackets and trousers. This trend has a classy vintage glamour feel and is perfect for the holiday season, as it results in us seeing pieces that are perfect for fall and winter evening wear.

Silver is one of the shining colors that has been used a lot in these styles of garments. This style will definitely make you light up the room. 

Met Gala Gown
Alanna Martine Kilkeary / Her Campus
Classy And Tailored

Keep it classy with business wear this fall.

Designers are using vests, long coats, button-ups, pleated skirts and pantsuits to achieve this look. These pieces, along with the loafer style shoe, will help you achieve a polished business wear style, perfect for giving you the confidence to tackle whatever the upcoming season throws at you! 

Transition Between seasons

When you think of fall, you usually think of browns, tans, oranges, neutral and earth tones. However, that is not the case for 2021.

You can expect to see summer styles, like florals, bold patterns and bright colors, making a statement this year. Who said you had to play it safe? Be bold this fall and play with color and patterns! 

Trends come and go constantly, so if these upcoming trends are not your style, that’s okay! Anyone can try out these trends and adapt them to their own personal style to make it feel more “you.”

Be bold this fall and try out a new trend you have not tried before!

Talia Gogel

Kent State '23

Hi! My name is Talia Gogel and I'm a sophomore fashion merchandising at Kent State! I love shopping, cooking, bunnies, astrology, and reading! I’m involved in the Fashion Student Organization, a member of Tri Sigma Sorority, and HerCampus!