Wellness > Sex + Relationships

3 Ways to Have a Great Valentine’s Day as a Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

It’s almost February and you know what that means! Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. This holiday has been traditionally reserved for couples to celebrate their love, but what if you don’t have a lover? Have no fear! You can still have a great Valentine’s Day even if you’re single.

Here are three ways to have a great Valentine’s Day this year:​

Find an activity to do that brings you joy

What do you like to do for fun? Do you like painting, binge-watching Grey’s Anatomy or enjoying a nice meal? Find one activity or more that you enjoy doing and make a day of it this year. If you enjoy a nice brunch or dinner, choose a new restaurant that you’ve been dying to visit, make a reservation and plan to eat there! It may seem daunting to go out to eat by yourself or participate in activities alone, but once you rip off the band-aid and do it, you’ll feel much better. If you enjoy chocolates and flowers, visit your local flower shop and buy yourself a bouquet. Don’t let the opinions of others stop you from taking the day to love on yourself. After all, you deserve it!

Get all dolled up!

Now that you’ve planned the activity you’re going to do on Valentine’s Day, it’s time to get glamorized in your own way. Get yourself a mani/pedi, get your hair done, try a new hairstyle on your own, or pick out a cute outfit. We all know that when we look good, we tend to feel good about ourselves, so go get pampered!

Plan a group hangout with a friend or two

You don’t have to celebrate Valentine’s Day alone. Get a group of your friends together for a night of fun. Paint and Sips are great group activities and a guaranteed fun time! Plan a safe, themed dinner party at your home, visit an Escape Room or have a karaoke night. These are ways that you and your friends can enjoy time together and not feel alone or left out.

No matter what you do this Valentine’s Day, make sure you enjoy yourself!

Lisa Evans is a graduate student at Kent State University majoring in Journalism and Mass Communications. While Lisa is not focusing on her school work, she is a faith and lifestyle blogger and loves creating her personal brand on Instagram!