toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

3 Spooktacular Beauty Products that Will Make You Feel Boo-tiful this October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

It’s finally spooky time! October is here, bring on loads of ghoulish cheer and apple cider beer! While I am excited for Halloween (obviously), I am not excited for the midterms that sadly coincide with my fall plans.  While pumpkin picking and costume thrifting take precedence in my head, I know deep down I need to focus on my studies. Therefore, my first spooktacular beauty product is perfect for a night in. You can carve out the time to study, but reward yourself with a bath bomb! Try Lush’s pumpkin bath-o’-lantern. This fizzy treat conjures up the aroma of pumpkin pie, vanilla and cinnamon which will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy. Fill up the tub, light candles, put “Hocus Pocus” on your laptop and soak! By the end of your chill session, you will feel rejuvenated and ready to take on all your demons. 

Feeling weaker than a vampire in sunlight? No worries, Too Cool for School’s Pumpkin 24K mask will bring you back to life. The sheet mask promises to nix dryness, dullness, and rough skin in no time so you are left looking like a goddess, not a zombie, when you go to “The Monster Mash.” Be sure to sit for the advised 15 to 20 minutes to receive the full effects. A bonus? You will resemble a mummy or Michael Myers for a hot minute; use this to your advantage to spook your roommates! 

While I do love a good red lip, (think Morticia Addams’ famous pout) I decided to go for the unexpected instead of traditional this year! Maybelline’s Vivid Matte Liquid in Orange Shot put a spell on me. You can make this color as light or pigmented as you wish! Dab it on with your finger for a softer look, or layer it on thick to accentuate your lips. Your make up will be fire (literally!) and hypnotize every human you encounter. (Side note: if you want to go for the red lip, try Kat Von D’s Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Poison Apple. It does not budge my vampy friend!)

Happy Haunting! XOXO

Malorie Newingham is a Fashion Merchandising major at Kent State University. She enjoys biking, hiking, attending concerts, and seeking out yummy new places to eat with friends. She believes traveling is essential because so much of who we are is where we have visited. On campus, you may spot Malorie reading outside of Rockwell Hall or grabbing chai tea with friends. Malorie enjoys writing because she can share her voice with others. As an author for Her Campus, she wants to keep her audience up to date on the latest trends and encourage them to take chances. Malorie hopes to find a job where she has the freedom to roam, hopefully in a Jeep with her black Labrador Bella, and discover local stores, quaint coffee shops, yoga studios, and so much more. She would love to write freelance features for different publications on her experiences. Currently, her favorite websites include Into The Gloss, Byrdie, Outdoor Voices, and The Everygirl.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.