This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

The holidays are going to look a little different this year and the crowded, cramped black Friday sales are seriously frowned upon, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of in-store and online bargains to snatch up! Here is a guide to all the Black Friday staples and a few of my personal favorites.

Target:

Target has decided to break down their Black Friday deals and divide them by week from now to Christmas in order to try to limit the number of people rushing into the store.  You can check their flyer online in order to get a sneak peek at the deals for the next week.  Some major standouts for the week of Thanksgiving are the Nintendo Switch for $299, weighted blankets for $29 and $10 women’s sweaters.

Shop the full November 22 -28 ad here.

Walmart:

Walmart did something similar to what Target is doing, but they did it throughout the month of November. Don’t fret if you missed the first two sales because the final sales event starts on Wednesday 11/25, but remember, Walmart is closed on Thanksgiving this year.  Can’t miss deals include the series 3 Apple Watch for $119 and a Canon Pixma Printer for $19.

Shop Walmart’s full Black Friday ad here.

Kohls:

Kohls will also be closed on Thanksgiving with all of their sales running from Sunday to Friday. Some interesting deals are the Victrola Bluetooth Record Player for $59.99 + $15 Kohls Cash and the Magic Bullet Single-Serve Blender for $25.49.

Shop the full Kohls ad here.

Macy’s:

All Macy’s Black Friday sales begin on Tuesday, November 24 and last until Saturday. There is also a coupon for 20% off sale items for Thanksgiving week. They’re also offering sterling silver diamond earrings for $29.99 with any purchase of $25 or more. Some other crazy deals include $4.99 Sedona and Cuisinart pans, $4.99 pearl earrings, $4.99 Ellen Tracy Eau de Parfum set, $10 Philosophy shower gel, $15 Mac lipstick and so many more amazing finds!  This is definitely a can’t-miss sale.

More deals in the full Macy’s ad here.

Best Buy:

Best Buy’s sales begin on the 22 and last into Thanksgiving weekend. Keep an eye out for their Cyber Monday deals starting on 11/28.  Some deals to look forward to are the Insignia 24” Smart TV for $79.99 and up to $250 off select MacBooks.

Shop the ad here.

Sephora:

The best thing about Black Friday at Sephora has to be their little stocking stuffers and gift sets! My favorites this year are the Nest Black Tulip Mini Set for $12, the Milk Makeup Cool Kids Duo, the Peter Thomas Roth Hyaluronic Happy Hour for $15 and Versace Bright Crystal and Dylan Blue Pour Femme Mini Coffret. The deals started becoming available to certain customers on November 19th and will continue while supplies last.  They are also currently offering free shipping with the promo code FREESHIP.

See the full Sephora preview here.

Urban Outfitters:

Although they have yet to reveal their 2020 Black Friday plans, I have high expectations given that last year their entire website was BOGO 50% off. So, keep your eyes out!

Nordstrom:

Nordstrom has already announced some cyber deals that are lasting from November 20 – December 1.  Some standouts include Ugg Classic Mini Fluff Booties for $99 and the Rebecca Minkoff Chain Crossbody for $114.

Click here to see the full lineup.

Glossier:

I’m about to empty my savings account because Glossier is having a rare sale on Black Friday!  The entire website will be 25% off with up to 35% off sets *cue happy dance*!

Madewell:

Their entire website is 25%-50% off from 11/24 – 11/29, but if you become an insider you get first dibs starting on 11/20!

Check out the insider program here.

Ana Luisa:

My favorite jewelry company, Ana Luisa is sustainably made, affordable, and always plastered all over my Instagram! They are also offering everything BOGO 50% on their website from now to while supplies last!

Check them out here.

Finally, thoughI didn’t include any small, locally owned businesses, they too often have Black Friday sales!  Please go try to show them some love during this tough holiday season.

Happy shopping everyone!

Emma Traynor

Kent State '24

Emma is a Fashion Merchandising and Communication Studies double major with a minor in Sustainability at Kent State University. She previously attended cosmetology school in her hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, getting the opportunity to do hair and makeup for numerous local fashion shows as well as certifications in eyelash and hair extensions. When she's not working on her studies, you can find her traveling, painting, thrifting, hanging out with friends or her dog, Rosie.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.