This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

The 1975 found time to bless the students of Kent State with a concert on Oct. 30. The British band, now touring to promote its sophomore album I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it, performed in The MAC Center Sunday night to the delight of hundreds of screaming girls and guys; There were some guys there too. I have been waiting almost two years for the opportunity to see these guys live, so when I heard they were coming to Kent, it felt like a dream come true. Here is everything you need to know about Sunday night’s show.

The Music: Now I may be a little biased, but the quality of the music sounded just as good live as it did on the album. The band opened its one hour and forty-five-minute show with “The 1975” as it took the stage and then immediately launched into “Love Me”: their first single from the sophomore album. It was all screams and pop beats from then on out. The show mostly showcased songs from the new album, however fan favorites from the debut album like “Heart Out”, “Sex” and “Girls” were also performed. The band left the stage after “Sex,” Leaving fans screaming for at least one more song. Our request was answered as the band came back to the stage for a four song encore featuring “Medicine”, “If I Believe You“, “Chocolate” and officially closed the show with “The Sound” The Stage: I have always heard raving reviews about the aesthetic of the band’s shows. I was anything but disappointed. The large pillars that decorated the stage took concert goers on a fully immersive, musical experience. From flashing lights to city lights and bold colors, which changed with the beat of the music, the stage was as critical to the show as the music itself. When The 1975 performed the title track to the album, the pillars changed to look like giant pieces of rotating crystals. “Please be Naked”, another song off the new album, was performed with a liquid water background that added to the overall aura of the concert. Matty (insert heart-eyes here): Seeing these guys live only strengthened my love for them. I have said it before and I will say it again, If Matty Healy asked me to drop out of school and run away with him, I would be GONE. But in all seriousness, the guy knows how to put on a show. The 27 year-old danced around the stage with a series of eccentric moves. His hair flipping had all the girls on the verge of tears and he spent a majority of the show with a cigarette or drink in his hand. Can I just say how jealous I am that someone gets paid to stand off stage and hand Matty Healy cigarettes all night? I could do that. Please, please, someone let me do that! The singer wore a red sweatshirt and floral adorned jeans for the Kent show and he told the fans more than once how thankful he was to be there. He even took a break from performing his music to give fans a brief political speech. Healy encouraged the young people present to go out and vote in the upcoming election. “You have a chance to stop Trump!” He yelled to the crowd, who responded with overwhelming cheers. If I had to give this concert a grade, it would be a strong, 100 percent A. The vibe in The MAC Center was amazing the whole night through, the aesthetic was absolutely breathtaking and the music was just as catchy as ever. My two-year wait to finally be in the same room as The 1975 paid off, I got a great show just a two-minute walk from my dorm! If you decided not to go to the concert, I suggest throwing on your Beats and listening to these guys right now.  

Natalie Eusebio is a Public Relations major at Kent State University. She enjoys writing, reading, listening to musicals, and exploring Northeast Ohio When she is at home in Canfield, OH she likes to catch up with old friends and spend time snuggling her cats. On campus, you can find her in the Chi Omega house or studying at Starbucks. Her weaknesses include online shopping sprees and talking too fast. As a writer, Natalie hopes to both empower and entertain her audience. Natalie's future plans include advocating for those in need and finding employment with a PR firm somewhere out west.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.