This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

What a night! Despite the continuous audio and camera malfunctions, the 2017 Grammy’s were jam-packed with great performances and even better fashion. Surprisingly, there weren’t too many questionable fashion decisions last night (okay, maybe Lady Gaga). Check out the best fashion statements from this year’s Grammy’s!

1.) Adele  

What isn’t there to love about Adele? Not only do her vocals blow us away, but her outfits kill it. Adele stuns us with her grace and beauty everytime she steps foot on the red carpet. The detail and color of this dress is so unique! (Peep the matching shoes!)

2.) Lea Michele

Not too many celebs wore two pieces on the red carpet this year, but Lea for sure looks amazing. This Roberto Cavalli piece ties in floral accents with an edgey black. Personlly, I am not a huge fan of the thick neck line; however, this dress is still a masterpiece.

3.) Jennifer Lopez

J Lo wore this stellar Ralph and Russo Couture last night. This dress is super simple and classy without all of the glitz and glam we’re used to seeing. The poofy neckline of this dress gives it some extra spunk. It’s so easy for lilac to wash out someone’s skin tone, but this color looks fantastic on her. Her jewelry was kept to a minimum except for a hand full of rings which looked so good with this piece.

4.) Cee Lo Green

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope, just Cee Lo. Needless to say, this look surprised everyone on the red carpet. Dressed from head to toe in gold, Cee Lo resembles somewhat of a C3PO from Star Wars. Nevertheless, this outfit is sure to make all the headlines this week (and maybe your new favorite meme on Twitter).

5.) Faith Hill

Two words: Shoulder pads. Opposite of Cee Lo, this dress is the perfect example of “less is more”. Minimal jewlery, simple hair and the keyhole in this dress really caught my attention. Faith Hill knows how to work a red carpet, especially with the bold decision of wearing *red* on the red carpet.

6.) Adele (AGAIN!)

Hello? It’s me. I was calling just to say that this dress is amazing. Yes, Adele makes the list twice with this mosaic dress by Givenchy. 

7.) Paris Jackson

Do you guys remember those rainbow Airhead Extremes? Well, if you don’t, this dress closely resembles one. In all honesty, I love how much confidence Paris has as just an 18-year-old walking the red carpet. She made the right move by pairing simple shoes with this dress. Overall, she looked killer.

8.) Nick Jonas (sigh)

Ah, the beauty that is Nick Jonas. Let’s talk about this jacket. Nick went with the “all black everythang” look last night and boy did he blow us away. This Balmain jacket has just the perfect amount of studs to accentuate an otherwise simple outfit.

9.) Giuliana Rancic

As Giuliana is usually the one doing the red carpet critiques, it’s time for us to give our opinions on her look- LOVED IT.  The hair. The lace. The belt. Everything. Giuliana knows exactly what accentuates her body type; a skill we all wish we had.

9.) Chrissy Teigen

Personally, I wish I would have had this dress for my senior prom. Although I wasn’t a huge fan on Chrissy’s hair style, the dress looked fantastic. Black is such a go-to color, you can’t go wrong with it! The side cutouts really give this dress an edgey flare.

10.) Kelsea Ballerini

This dress put me in the mood to go frolic in a field of flowers to be honest. The nude color with white details is so unique. The past year has been a huge year for Kelsea and this dress certainly shows how much she’s blossomed.

11.) Tori Kelly

There are a lot of mixed opinions about Tori’s look last night. But to me, this dress designed by Badgley Mischka looks flawless on her. I really love forest green paired with gold accents, especially with Tori’s blonde hair. To complete the look, Tori wears a purple lip.

12.) Demi Lovato

As a best album nominee, Demi knew she needed to make a big splash on the red carpet. She succeeded in that goal as she chose to wear a nude Julien Macdonald that showed off her sexy side. This is yet another red carpet look with a key hole; but don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining. Demi may not have won the Grammy, but she definitely won the red carpet!

13.) Maren Morris

First time Grammy award winner Maren Morris showed up on the red carpet in a deep purple, a color we don’t normally see at award shows. The only bad decision about this look was the black and white clutch which was way too casual to pair with this Michael Costello dress. Other than that, Maren had the perfect mix of sexy and sweet.

Lexi Marco

Kent State '20

Lexi is a public relations major with a marketing minor at Kent State University. She acts as a CC and Social Media Director for Her Campus Kent State and has been active in the chapter for two years. You can find Lexi at a local coffee shop or at her home in Youngstown, Ohio playing with her dogs. Instagram- mexilarco Twitter- leximarco
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.