10 Things to Do With Your Friends During the Halloween Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

With it being October, I am currently obsessed with all things fall and Halloween. Although Halloween is quickly approaching, it is not too late to celebrate one of the best seasons. Here are 10 things to do with your friends to make the most of the rest of the Halloween season!

1. Make “Spooky pizzas

This Halloween season, making your own “spooky pizza” has been extremely popular across social media platforms. They are very easy to make and only require a few ingredients. All you need is dough, sauce, cheese and the toppings of your choice. To make your pizza more spooky you could either use cookie cutters or could shape the dough into the halloween character of your choice. Ghosts and pumpkins are the most popular shapes I have seen.

2. Go to a Haunted House

With it almost being Halloween, haunted houses are everywhere, from amusement parks to pumpkin patches. Although haunted houses aren’t for everyone, including myself, they are a great place to go to if you like to be scared. They are also great because they are compatible for both large and small groups.

3. Have a Movie Night

I am always down for a good movie night, and during the Halloween season, there is no better time to binge watch your favorite horror movie classics. Every year I rewatch “Scream”, “Friday the 13th” and “Halloween”, but if horror movies aren’t your thing, there are plenty of other movies you could watch. Some of my other Halloween favorites are “Girl vs. Monster”, “Hocus Pocus” and “Halloweentown”.

4. Go to a Pumpkin Patch

Over the years, one of my favorite fall activities was to go to a pumpkin patch and pick out pumpkins to either carve or paint. This is a great weekend activity if you and your friends are ever looking for something to do. Pumpkin patches don’t just have pumpkins, they also have petting zoos, corn mazes, apple cider and more!

5. Carve/Paint Pumpkins

Going along with the pumpkin patch idea, you can then choose to carve or paint the pumpkins you buy. Every year I try to carve a pumpkin and it never turns out quite the way I want it to be, so this year I have decided to paint tiny ghosts on mine instead. Not only do you end up with a cute decoration for your room, but it’s also a fun thing to do on a rainy night in with friends.

6. Make a Halloween Treat

I love to bake, and Halloween always gives me an excuse to try out some new recipes. In the past I have made Halloween themed cut out sugar cookies, which were completely worth the tedious decorating process. If you don’t have the patience to make anything from scratch you can always buy the Halloween themed pillsbury sugar cookies which you can eat raw or baked. I have also seen people combine these sugar cookies with chocolate chip cookies as well if you wanted to make them even more delicious.

7. Go on a Target Trip

Everyone loves a good target trip, especially during the holiday season. Target is the best place to get everything you need for a “spooky night”. You can buy halloween decor, candy, matching pajamas and so much more.

8. Make Boo Baskets

If you’re someone like me who loves to buy gifts and shop for other people, then this idea is perfect for you. Fill a basket with Halloween themed items for your friends, full of things that they love. Some ideas for what to put in these baskets include; candy, Squishamallows, books and more.

9. Shop for Halloween Outfits At A Thrift Store

This idea is perfect for putting together last minute Halloween costumes for cheap prices. Every year I wait until the last minute to get my Halloween costumes, and this year is no different. To put a twist on it, you and your friends could choose costumes for each other without letting the other one know what they bought.

10. Make Your Own Fall Drinks

This year I have fallen victim to the fall drinks at Starbucks, specifically the pumpkin chai latte. For a grande this drink is almost $6, and for a broke college student, it adds up quickly. I found a copycat for this drink that I am dying to try out. Not only will it taste delicious but you also don’t have to leave the comfort of your own home to make it.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPR7sFERS/

Halloween is a great time of year to try new activities with friends and I hope that this article provided at least one new idea of what to do to celebrate the end of this season.

Ava Murak

Kent State '27

Ava Murak is a freshman at Kent State with a major in marketing. She was born and raised in Buffalo NY and hopes to work in the fashion industry after graduation. In her free time, Ava can be found reading, shopping, listening to music, and trying out new coffee shops.