10 Things to be Thankful for in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Comedian and film director Judd Apatow once said, “College is the reward for surviving high school. Most people have great fun stories from college and nightmare stories from high school.” Here are some things we can all be thankful for now that we have survived those four awkward years of high school! 

1) You have pizza available 24/7!

“Put peppers on that, please!” I say as I pretend that added veggies will make it healthier!

2) You can wear pajamas to class with no judgment!

On test days, it’ll feel like a PJ party!

3) Some days, your professors won’t want to have class either!

4) College kids will sleep anytime, anywhere.

*Tucks-in dude at the library.* 

5) You meet great people who may turn into lifelong friends!

You can start choosing bridesmaids early!

6) Parties, parties and more parties! 

As long as you don’t have an 8:00 a.m. test! 

7) There is so much free stuff, you’ll feel like you’re an audience member at one of Oprah’s shows!

You get a t-shirt, and you get a t-shirt!

8) No condom? No worries!

Several campus resources just have bowls of free condoms ready for use! Roommates and neighbors are also available to help you out! #SafeSex

9) Coffee will be your new saving grace!

All of the cream and sugar, please! This is not a drill!

10) You are getting a wonderful education and are one step closer to having your dreams come true!

Soon, you’ll all be adult-ing! 

In love with jokes, comprehensive sex ed and Stephen Colbert-- (Stephen, call me!) Kent State University Class of 2020, Current Freelance Journo Follow @MaSerra8 on Twitter and email mariaserra@hercampus.com for PR pitches!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.