10 Songs to Start Your 2017 Off With a Bang

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

With a new year comes new goals, new trends, and of course new music. While 2017 hasn’t provided us with too many fantastic bangers yet, we can thank 2016 for giving us a head start. Make 2017 your best year yet by exposing yourself to these upbeat tunes and positive vibes from 10 songs picked just for you!

1. Paris- The Chainsmokers. This dynamic duo has been bringing top chart hits to us for years. They’re continuing that trend in 2017 with this chilled-out jam.
  2. That’s My Girl- Fifth Harmony. The ultimate girl anthem! Fifth Harmony can empower practically anyone with this hit!                                                    
  3. Weak- AJR. Back and ‘ready’ to top the charts again, AJR reminds us that it’s okay to make a couple mistakes. Just not too many…                               
  4. Greenlight- Pitbull, Flo Rida, Lunchmoney Lewis. This party anthem gives you the greenlight to make this year the best one yet.                                  
  5. Now and Later- Sage the Gemini. Need to feel a little sexy? This is the jam you’ve been looking for.                                                                                
  6. Love On The Brain- Rihanna. For the girls entering 2017 in love, this sultry song will hit you right in the feels.                                                                            
  7. Setting Fires- The Chainsmokers. For the girls entering 2017 with a broken heart, here’s your overcome-heart-break jam.                                                
  8. Party Monster- The Weeknd. This jam speaks to our dark side while creating confident and flirtatious vibes.                                                                      
  9. Shout Out to My Ex- Little Mix. Are you over his BS and want to finally show him you’re over it? THIS is the song you’ve been looking for.                                
  10. I Don’t Want to Live Forever- ZAYN, Taylor Swift. Finally, why not start off your 2017 prepping for one of the year’s (supposed) hottest movies?                
Alexis Keida

Kent State '20

Hey guys, I'm Lexi Keida! I'm a senior Public Communication Studies major Kent State. I'm originally from Utica in Upstate New York, so I'm a tad far from home here at Kent State. Sharing my passions with you all has been something I've always wanted to do, I'm so happy and excited!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.