10 Essentials Every College Woman Should Have in Her Bag

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

What a woman keeps in her bag says more about her than her Zodiac sign. In college, what you carry with you can make or break your day. College life can be hectic and unpredictable to even the most organized students. From long lectures to student organization meetings and the commute in between, it’s easy to be underprepared. Don’t worry- we have you covered. Here’s a list of some of the essentials you’ll need to get through your busy schedule.

Scrunchies and Bobby Pins 

There’s no worse feeling than hair falling in your face. Hair clips and ponytail holders can save you from this distraction while you study. 

Laptop Charger

While it’s easy to remember your phone charger, don’t forget about your laptop. If you’re taking notes in lectures all day, the last thing you need is a dead laptop!

Headphones

Music improves everything, from the commute to class to study sessions in the library. Check out our latest playlist for new songs to add to your playlist. 

Planner and Colored Pens

While the iPhone and Google calendar work for organizing your week, nothing beats pen and paper. Use colored pens to label your classes, extracurriculars, work, etc. and you’ll never lose track of due dates again. 

Pads and Tampons

This one is pretty self-explanatory. Keep products with you even when you aren’t on your period in case of emergency- or to help someone out!

Cash

While credit cards and Venmo usually have you covered, sometimes cash is necessary for tips or cover charges. Make sure to keep a $20 with you in case of emergencies.

A Book

It’s easy to fall into the habit of aimlessly scrolling through Instagram in between classes. Instead, try keeping an easy read in your bag to pass the time.

Water Bottle

Water is good for your skin, mood, and overall health. Keep a reusable bottle in your bag and remember to stay hydrated.

Breath Mints or Gum

You never know when you’ll end up in a study session or one-on-one with your professor. Keep breath mints or gum nearby to avoid coffee breath. 

Sunglasses and Blue Light Glasses

Most students spend half their day indoors looking at their laptop screens or outside headed to class. This is why eye protection using sunglasses and blue light glasses is important. 

Make sure to keep these items in your bag to make sure you’re ready to conquer the day. Show us what’s in your everyday bag on Instagram by tagging @hckentstate

Sarah is a fashion merchandising major with a minor in fashion media at Kent State University. A New Jersey native, she relocated to Ohio to study at KSU. She is also a web writer for A Magazine and The Burr Magazine, as well as a community member of CollegeFashionista. When she isn't writing or studying, you can find Sarah online shopping, chugging coffee or watching horror flicks.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.