10 Essentials Every College Woman Should Have in Her Bag

What a woman keeps in her bag says more about her than her Zodiac sign. In college, what you carry with you can make or break your day. College life can be hectic and unpredictable to even the most organized students. From long lectures to student organization meetings and the commute in between, it's easy to be underprepared. Don't worry- we have you covered. Here's a list of some of the essentials you'll need to get through your busy schedule.

1. 1. Scrunchies and Bobby Pins 

We Are Glo

There’s no worse feeling than hair falling in your face. Hair clips and ponytail holders can save you from this distraction while you study. 

2. 2. Laptop Charger

While it's easy to remember your phone charger, don't forget about your laptop. If you’re taking notes in lectures all day, the last thing you need is a dead laptop!

3. 3. Headphones

phone, headphones, and coffee with foam art

Music improves everything, from the commute to class to study sessions in the library. Check out our latest playlist for new songs to add to your playlist. 

4. 4. Planner and Colored Pens

two yellow pillar candles with a bullet journal and art supplies

While the iPhone and Google calendar work for organizing your week, nothing beats pen and paper. Use colored pens to label your classes, extracurriculars, work, etc. and you’ll never lose track of due dates again. 

5. 5. Pads and Tampons

Tampons

This one is pretty self-explanatory. Keep products with you even when you aren’t on your period in case of emergency- or to help someone out!

6. 6. Cash

wallet peaking out back pocket with credit cards

While credit cards and Venmo usually have you covered, sometimes cash is necessary for tips or cover charges. Make sure to keep a $20 with you in case of emergencies.

7. 7. A Book

Person holding book open

It’s easy to fall into the habit of aimlessly scrolling through Instagram in between classes. Instead, try keeping an easy read in your bag to pass the time.

8. 8. Water Bottle

Two Friends With Water Bottles

Water is good for your skin, mood, and overall health. Keep a reusable bottle in your bag and remember to stay hydrated.

9. 9. Breath Mints or Gum

Anna Schultz-Girl Blowing Bubble In Arcade

You never know when you’ll end up in a study session or one-on-one with your professor. Keep breath mints or gum nearby to avoid coffee breath. 

10. 10. Sunglasses and Blue Light Glasses

Girl With Shades

Most students spend half their day indoors looking at their laptop screens or outside headed to class. This is why eye protection using sunglasses and blue light glasses is important. 

Make sure to keep these items in your bag to make sure you're ready to conquer the day. Show us what's in your everyday bag on Instagram by tagging @hckentstate