Who Will It Be? A Look Into The 2021 Miss USA Competition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

Tulsa, OK.- Women from across the United States will take on the 2021 Miss USA finals competition Monday night where a new Miss USA will be crowned.

This year marks the 70th anniversary of the Miss USA competition and is a special time for the organization with a rebranding and new management under Miss USA 2008, Crystle Stewart. The organization’s slogan is “pageantry reimagined” creating high hopes for overall production and show of this years competition.

Contestants began arriving in Tulsa days before Thanksgiving and took part in some activities, rehearsals, and community service prior to hitting the stage for the preliminary competition on Friday night where they gave America a glimpse of their modeling skills and style in the swimsuit and evening gown competitions. The contestants graced the stage for their introductions in sleek black bodysuits with black pumps to match.

This year’s winner will have less than two weeks to prepare for the Miss Universe competition to be held on December 12. Fans are expecting the winner to be “Miss Universe ready” as it will be a quick transition after her win. The Miss USA and Miss Universe competitions are often called the “olympics” or “super bowl” of pageantry as viewers from all over the world make predictions on who they think will win based on their performance and preparedness. Former Miss Montana USA, Dani Walker, makes videos focusing on pageantry and has shared her thoughts on this years class of contestants all the way up to Friday’s preliminary competition.

After learning more about the competition and seeing some of the women vying for the nation’s most prestigious title, who are you rooting for?

The competition is fierce and the anticipation is rising. So, who will it be?

You can find out who your Miss USA 2021 is Monday night on FYI or Hulu at 8/7c.

Hi! I’m Taylor. I’m a Journalism & Emerging Media Major at Kennesaw State University and I’m a member of HerCampus @ KSU! I love all things beauty, pop culture, pageants, and broadcasting. When I graduate, I plan on working for a broadcasting network as an investigative reporter. I hope you follow Her Campus At KSU so you never miss our articles! ?