This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

Have you ever heard of the phrase “once in a blue moon”? Well, this Halloween you will understand the meaning of it. On October 31, the moon will be full. This is called a Blue Moon and its chances of occurring on Halloween are very rare. A Halloween Blue Moon only occurs roughly every 18-19 years, so many are preparing for the repercussions of this one. The phase of the moon can influence your mental and physical health, so this huge event will definitely bring good and bad outcomes.

Additionally, your astrological sign can be an indicator of what will come to you from this full moon. The 12 signs will be impacted in ways that will affect the rest of the year for them. If you need guidance and reassurance about the event’s impact, here is what the Blue Moon will clarify for you this Halloween according to your Astrological sign. 

Aries (March 21 – April 19) 

Slow down the pace Aries, and just relax. This full moon will bring you guidance on love and financial issues, and you do not want to miss it because you did not want to be patient. If you are experiencing any bad spending habits or debt issues, set your intentions clear, and manifest a change. This Blue Moon will help you think about how to fix your struggles and might even bring a new opportunity for you. 

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

This full moon is a special one for you, Taurus. It is your time to shine, and this event will bring you confidence and self-love. Step out of your comfort zone and do not be afraid to break a few of those rules you live by. Reexamine your relationship with yourself and let loose. Have some fun this Halloween!

Gemini (May 21 – June 20) 

This Halloween, you might want to stay at home and work on that creative idea you have been thinking about. This full moon will give you a sense of productivity, and it is important to write down any idea that flashes through your mind. Do not be afraid to dream big this Halloween and reflect on an idea that sparks your imagination. 

Cancer (June 21 – July 22)

Connect with the people around you, Cancer. This Blue Moon will take you out of your shell and show you the meaning of close relationships. Throw a safe party with the people you love most because this full moon will show you the value of friendships. Your energy will be boosted once you surround yourself with others and you will be uplifted. 

Leo (July 23 – August 22)

You still have time to go after your dream. This full moon is all about career changes and chasing after what you want, Leo. Go ask for that pay raise or promotion. Take the lead on a project you have been assigned with. Do not be afraid to dream big, but you must take the leap of faith. This full moon will bring you that power to commit to your goal.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22) 

This full moon will bring you guidance on spirituality and self-love. You need to take this Halloween to reevaluate your mental and physical state as well as value alone time. Try to make some personal changes that help you move to a new chapter in life. Listen to your intuition and learn something new about yourself, Virgo.

Libra (September 23 – October 22)

I know you might be feeling like a sponge of other people’s emotions right now, so this full moon will help you learn what you have been truly feeling. Your energy might be drained, so take this Halloween to dive deep into the parts of yourself that you hide from everyone. Explore your feelings to shift your focus back onto yourself. 

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)

It is your birthday season, Scorpio! This full moon is all about fixing and rearranging your relationships, whether they be platonic or romantic. The Blue Moon is bringing you all the dramas of love, relationships, and friendships. Being around the people you care about this Halloween will surely uplift your spirits and bring you back from the stress you have been dealing with.

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21) 

This Blue Moon is all about you and your mental health, Sag. You have to call it a self-care day this Halloween. This full moon is encouraging you to take time for yourself and set healthy routines into your life. Watch your favorite Halloween movies, make yourself your favorite foods and snacks, and light some candles. This spooky holiday is meant to make you feel like yourself again.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19) 

There are big ideas brewing up in your mind and you might be overwhelmed by the workload, Capricorn. This full moon will bring you passion and fun, as well as the praise you have been craving. Put yourself first this year instead of your work. Take this Halloween to break out of your routine and do something fun to destress from all the work you have been doing. 

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18) 

This full moon is bringing you a familiar warmth from the past, Aquarius. You should reconnect with family and friends and spend Halloween with them. It is more of a childhood-type of Halloween for you this year. If you want to trick or treat, dress up in costume, or watch scary movies all night, do not hide away from it. This Blue Moon is all about connecting to familiar feelings to remind yourself of what you love and who you are. 

Pisces (February 19 – March 20) 

Inspiration and social-life is what the full moon is bringing you this year, Pisces. This Halloween, let your thoughts flow and see what inspires you. A way to let your inspiration expand is to be around people you love because they bring out the best in you. If you embrace your desires and social-life this Halloween, it will be one to remember. 

The Blue moon will definitely shift the focus for many signs, and for all 12 of them, it encourages balance, joy, and peace. Whether you believe in Astrology or not, your sign will be impacted by this rare event so it is important to understand what is to come.

I'm Natalia Duron, a freshman at KSU and a Journalism and Emerging Media.
A collegiette's guide to life from the KSU chapter of Her Campus!